1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have a Wii earlier than you expected!

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Syph, 6 Jul 2006.

1. Syph

Soldato

http://wii.ign.com/articles/712/712283p1.html

http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/05/commentary/column_gaming/index.htm?cnn=yes

Seems interesting, if there's much truth in it! Can only be a good thing for us if its a staggered release schedule.

2. XPE

Soldato

This just means at launch Nintendo will be able to meet demand.

3. ~J~

Sgarrista

Confirmed announcement by Yasuhiro Minagawa (Nintendo Spokesperson)

Source (story dated 06 07 2006 - and yes, it's a German site)

4. Whappers

Mobster

Yeah, I just noticed this myself over at Gamespot.

I really want to get one but I don't think there will be any games that I will like come launch time (assuming it is going to be released in september). I haven't really seen any games that I like so far. The fishing rod game looked pretty sweet. I am sure there will be loads of great games out for it eventually though.

Whappers.

5. Mr.Orb

Mobster

The new zelda? I can't wait to Wii ( :o ;) )! Its going to be a great console, probably the best next gen console in IMO.

6. Whappers

Mobster

If it was zelda I wasn't aware of it. I just saw a man raising the controller to pull the line out of the water and throw it in the direction of the screen to cast the line. The possibilities are endless with the controller.

7. jamie2497

Wise Guy

Yeah thats zelda. I really hope it does come out early really looking forward to this console.

8. Mr.Orb

Mobster

In one way I would like it earlier, but in another way I don't. I don't want Nintendo to rush it, leaving tons of bugs and features which will become available later on.

9. IceBus

Sgarrista

Zelda??? :eek:

10. Syph

Soldato

Metroid?!!? :eek: :eek:

11. richolmes72

Wise Guy

I'm reckoning on an October 18th release, 21 years to the day since the NES's release in America.

Would give it a nice advantage over the PS3, and (assuming they really have started manufacturing now) give them a decent amount of stock to avoid stock issues.

12. daz

Capodecina

Zelda was confirmed as a launch title, wasn't it?

13. Eliot

Soldato

yep im 99% sure
    theve been working on it for 3years+

14. b0rn2sk8

Sgarrista

Me any my housemates will be putting our cash in the way of this as soon as pre orders are up.

15. NokkonWud

Caporegime

These will sell like Hot Cakes. Nearly everyone I know wants one.

16. chimaera

Mobster

yup, its twilight princess, theres going to be a GC version and Wii version :D

17. DeFrEaTs

Hitman

I swear I am going to Wii myself if this comes out any time before xmas... Ba dum cha!!! Get it, huh? Aww...

I have been working out how to hook the Wii up to my TV along with the 360 for ages... hopefully it will have a VGA connection or something :) I hope it doesn't force me to put down the DS lite I bought 2 days ago though :(

Superb consoles that breaks so many boundries and imo is just testing the water before the Wii really comes up with some unique and truly fun gameplay ideas.

18. sticks-stones

Hitman

a little off topic but...

is it likely that the 360 will drop in price around september/november time to compete with the Wii and PS3?

and does anyone have any idea on how much the Wii is expected to be? :)

19. DeFrEaTs

Hitman

MS announced there would be no 360 price-drop for a while yet. It doesn't need to compete with PS3 since the PS3 is basically double the price anyway, and the Wii is expected to be around £130-£200 :)

20. Kamakazie!

Wise Guy

i hope its £130.... that would be fantastic!
    Might even see Wii + Game for £150 then :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would lap that up. Even at £150 it should be a steal! There better be loads of 3rd party support. If games developers weren't onboard before E3 this year they certainly will be now! Don't let us down!

Next year should be awesome for the DS too... the Nintendo president said we can expect lots of 3rd aprty games for it towards the end of this year and into next as they finally took notice of its huge sales at the start of this year and loads jumped onboard! Superb.