• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Have overclockers really only sent out 19 Gigabyte RTX 3080 OC Gaming cards in almost a month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
On the 29th September I was 152nd in the queue, now I'm 133rd. I take it everyone is in the same boat as me. Forgive me if this has been answered a thousand times, I haven't been checking this forum.

At this rate I won't be getting my RTX before christmas and I ordered on day 1.

I just find it nuts/hard to believe that they've only received 19 Gigabyte RTX 3080 OC Gaming cards in nearly a month.

Can someone explain?

cheers

fx1

fx1

Associate
Well the other company only just sent their first 22 Trios out yesterday in 5 weeks.

Retailers are not getting weekly deliveries of each product.

Also the Danish retailer has only 100 3070s for launch which is 2.5% of what they ordered!

Associate
OP
Well the other company only just sent their first 22 Trios out yesterday in 5 weeks.

Retailers are not getting weekly deliveries of each product.

Also the Danish retailer has only 100 3070s for launch which is 2.5% of what they ordered!

What a screw up... I've always gone with nvidia but I really hope AMD eventually take the crown. This happened last time too, Nvidia have such a terrible business ethos. I guess they just don't care as us dummies are still buying their cards

Soldato
What a screw up... I've always gone with nvidia but I really hope AMD eventually take the crown. This happened last time too, Nvidia have such a terrible business ethos. I guess they just don't care as us dummies are still buying their cards
Of cause Nvidia cares as there not getting any of that pre-order money that people are paying these shops..

It retailers selling stock they no have..It not Nvidia

Soldato
Apparently Nvidia is holding back to see what AMD does before committing.
To me that makes no sense, why not get them out and sell them before Amd launches their cards as there will be no Amd cards to compete with, why wait for competition as the 3080 has already launched early Sep.

Associate
Have to say I;ve always been a nvidia buyer but after this launch I did cancel my preorder and tbh I'm actually thinking of just f^56ing this generation off and see what amd come up with or just not bother again.

Associate
To me that makes no sense, why not get them out and sell them before Amd launches their cards as there will be no Amd cards to compete with, why wait for competition as the 3080 has already launched early Sep.
I agree, this doesn't stack up. I could understand it if manufacturers were holding back stock to make bulk container shipments rather than a trickle via air.

Associate
Ordered on the 6th October and i'm queue position 984. I've seen someone on here say they ordered on the 14th October and were 40 places in front of me in the queue so i'd love to know how that works.
The things I don't understand are:

1) If Overclockers already have 1000+ people in a queue, why are they still allowing the products to be purchased?
2) Why are they taking the money immediately for something they likely won't ship now until February/March next year
2) How is it possible that ASUS have only sent 20 of these cards to one of the biggest online retailers in the country?
3) What are Nvidia playing at!?

Ordered on the 6th October and i'm queue position 984. I've seen someone on here say they ordered on the 14th October and were 40 places in front of me in the queue so i'd love to know how that works.
The things I don't understand are:

1) If Overclockers already have 1000+ people in a queue, why are they still allowing the products to be purchased?
2) Why are they taking the money immediately for something they likely won't ship now until February/March next year
2) How is it possible that ASUS have only sent 20 of these cards to one of the biggest online retailers in the country?
3) What are Nvidia playing at!?
I ordered on the 2/10 and 1, I haven’t received a single queue email.. 2, after talking to someone I’m apparently “around 300” so who even knows what’s happening anymore

Associate
Hi,

I ordered the Gigabyte Gamers OC on the 14th October and was informed that I was 353rd in the queue. Is this overall for all 3080 card orders or is it 353rd in line for the Gigabyte Gamers OC? I am hoping it comes in at a similar time as my HP reverb G2, maybe the end of November. Any comments or thoughts on this guys?

Cheers...

Caporegime
Hi,

I ordered the Gigabyte Gamers OC on the 14th October and was informed that I was 353rd in the queue. Is this overall for all 3080 card orders or is it 353rd in line for the Gigabyte Gamers OC? I am hoping it comes in at a similar time as my HP reverb G2, maybe the end of November. Any comments or thoughts on this guys?

Cheers...

Its 353rd for that model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom