• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Have You Cancelled Your Order

Associate
Has anyone actually cancelled their order due to this transistor issue? I don't believe many have and I also believe the problem will be sorted by some kind of driver. If not you'll get a replacement card imo.

Comment down below what card you cancelled from any retailer, (Obviously do not put what retailer)

Last edited:
Associate
No but I ordered an Asus one and I read that it may not be down to just the capacitors but we will know soon. Hopefully it’s something that can be sorted by drivers otherwise a lot of people are going to be sending back their cards.

Associate
Has anyone actually cancelled their order due to this transistor issue? I don't believe many have and I also believe the problem will be sorted by some kind of driver. If not you'll get a replacement card imo.

Comment down below what card you cancelled from any retailer, (Obviously do not put what retailer)

is the transistor issue being overhyped by people trying to get others to cancel their orders, so they bump up in the que?

Associate
No there is no point in my case atleast, still waiting on gigabyte aorus to release their cards so hopefully this will be sorted by then. If there's any issues I'll just RMA or refund no point losing position in queue imo.

No I am comfortable having the non-OC TUF on pre-order.
The only thing that will make me cancel my pre-order is if RDNA2 out performs expectations and is better than the 3080 (and that's the big question isn't it).

But I have a gut feeling there may be a push to get 3080 pre-order's dispatched before the 28th of October due to that very reason.

Associate
Got 2 3080 on preorder, a Strix OC else where and a Strix non-OC with OCUK from launch day.

Cancelling which ever doesn't arrive first.

If I run into any issues then will just return it and wait for a fixed revision to come out, really don't care about the 20gb cards I don't plan to game at 4k so it shouldn't impact me.

Associate
No there is no point in my case atleast, still waiting on gigabyte aorus to release their cards so hopefully this will be sorted by then. If there's any issues I'll just RMA or refund no point losing position in queue imo.
manufactures effected will just release a new bios with adjusted power and clock limits, you won't be able to RMA or refund anything then it will just be a slower more stable card

Associate
I'm honestly thinking of cancelling. This is down to multiple issues. Poor launch, possible issues due to capacitors used, rumours of a 20GB 3080 card to be launched after big navi reveal which would benefit with a better design due to AIB partners having more time.

Associate
Cancelled Zotac Trinity after finding out they nerfed cards to push premium cards and also using 6 poscaps.

I'm honestly thinking of cancelling. This is down to multiple issues. Poor launch, possible issues due to capacitors used, rumours of a 20GB 3080 card to be launched after big navi reveal which would benefit with a better design due to AIB partners having more time.

Expect to pay at least £999 for a 20GB version.

Associate
Cancelled Zotac Trinity after finding out they nerfed cards to push premium cards and also using 6 poscaps.

Expect to pay at least £999 for a 20GB version.

Yes I'm expecting it to be more money but now I can research if I will have the benefit from the extra VRAM. I'm at 1440p resolution and play on microsoft flight simulator ✈️.

Associate
Canceled my Gigabyte 3090 Aorus Master order for now - going to cancel actually as it's weekend.
Ill order the Xtreme one and be one of the last ones receiving it most likely (there are around 100 orders already) - and by then it's hopefully fixed.

I was one of the first on the Aorus Master actually and could have received it in a month. Now it will take most likely 3 months...

Back
Top Bottom