• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Have You Cancelled Your Order

Soldato
I posted this in the stock update thread.

I've officially cancelled my Zotac order (ordered at 14:33 position 27 in the unofficial calculator).

I know most of you probably think I'm stupid it's just, £700 is quite a lot to me and it's for something I plan on keeping for at least 3-4 years. Knowing that I paid over the odds for the worst iteration of the card would really grind on me over that time, add to that a lot of 3080's in general are having problems I feel it was right for me.

For now, I will wait to see what AMD release and if it's better than the 3080 I will go for that if not I'll try to pick up an FE whenever they are available (knowing that could be 6 months+).

In the meantime I have a PS5 and a series S on pre order which should keep my gaming itch scratched. The only game I wanted to play for now which would really stretch the 3080's legs was cyberpunk but I can live with playing that on PS5.

I'll keep my trusty Vega 64 for now. :)

Associate
So I heard nothing back about my cancelation, I rang up via phone after being on hold for 30 mins I was rudely told I would have confirmation in 48 hours of my cancelation then they would start the process of putting funds back to my bank. Also when I was saying goodbye and thankyou for your help your rep hung up, wow I will no longer use overclockers for purchases, I know that the reps might be busy but there is no need for that behaviour if you want future custom. Edit how silly of me to expect a confirmation or money back in my bank, I should obviously know your procedures even though you don't communicate clearly with your customers. Newbs!

Associate
I've officially cancelled my Zotac order (ordered at 14:33 position 27 in the unofficial calculator).

I know most of you probably think I'm stupid it's just, £700 is quite a lot to me and it's for something I plan on keeping for at least 3-4 years.
Its not stupid. Do what feels right for you. Its a lot of money to spend on something, especially if you are having doubts about it before you've even recieved it.

Later cards are sure to be better. Most likely they will cost more though. I wonder how many cards were manufactured and then thrown away due to the redesign some manufacturers did because of the capacitors issue.

Associate
So I heard nothing back about my cancelation, I rang up via phone after being on hold for 30 mins I was rudely told I would have confirmation in 48 hours of my cancelation then they would start the process of putting funds back to my bank. Also when I was saying goodbye and thankyou for your help your rep hung up, wow I will no longer use overclockers for purchases, I know that the reps might be busy but there is no need for that behaviour if you want future custom. Edit how silly of me to expect a confirmation or money back in my bank, I should obviously know your procedures even though you don't communicate clearly with your customers. Newbs!

Lol this is why I didn't order from here this time, the lack of information and the continuous pre order open window is like theft imo lol.

Associate
What do you realisitically think your chances are of grabbing a BN when they are released?
I didn't say I was going to grab one on release, I said I will wait to see what Big Navi has in store and then I can make a better decision on whether to get a 3080 or a Big Navi going forward in 2021.

Associate
I might just cancel aswell.

I only managed to order at 15.01h altough it was a Gigabyte Gaming OC so not much demand.
But after 2 weeks of agonizing no info or proper info I really think that canceling and wait for big navy might be the right thing to do. And... with a new shop aswell. Ive been seeing all the other major UK retailers putting out info and OC only some posts by Gibbo on forum. Facepalm

Associate
I cancelled my Ventus pre-order yesterday and went for another, cheaper, card that will do for a while, at least until the stock / issues situation has settled down and I can re-evaluate.

I didn’t order on the launch day (ordered on the 20th) so might not make a difference to the queue situation.

Associate

I know most of you probably think I'm stupid it's just, £700 is quite a lot to me and it's for something I plan on keeping for at least 3-4 years. Knowing that I paid over the odds for the worst iteration of the card would really grind on me over that time, add to that a lot of 3080's in general are having problems I feel it was right for me.

For now, I will wait to see what AMD release and if it's better than the 3080 I will go for that if not I'll try to pick up an FE whenever they are available (knowing that could be 6 months+).

In the meantime I have a PS5 and a series S on pre order which should keep my gaming itch scratched. The only game I wanted to play for now which would really stretch the 3080's legs was cyberpunk but I can live with playing that on PS5.

pretty sure you will be playing cyberpunk ps4 version on a ps5, there is no ps5 version of the game, just the last gen consoles and PC

Associate

As already said, you have valid concerns it's your choice. I'm keeping my pre-order but I just can't wait for shiny.

Associate
I haven't cancelled but if the opportunity arises to pick up my Gigabyte Gaming OC from a vendor that has it in stock I'll jump ship for sure even if I end up paying a little more for it. I was pretty excited when the unofficial calculator showed the GG OC card to be pretty low on orders, I wrongfully assumed stock would arrive in any reasonable time frame, including the aforementioned 23rd September date posted on the site when I placed the order. But in the nearly two weeks its been only a small batch of Gigabyte cards arrived and the update didn't even specify if it was one model or a mix of both. Since the store is still selling the cards does it even tell people that they'll be 2000 in line for some cards?

So no I haven't cancelled yet so unless the card pops up in stock elsewhere I'll keep my place and keep hoping for miracle shipments.

Associate
Around position 10 for AORUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 XTREME, however as it's a good 2 weeks away I might just cancel by the end of the week tbh, I mean I guess I could flip it? but honestly how many people will want the £900 option and willing to pay that or more around the AMD launch?

AMD cards are so close and things looking like 3080 performance, perhaps even more certainly close enough to warrant paying significantly less than £900 which we do know AMD will be more than competitive price wise.

And if AMD aren't? Although I don't agree the 3080 needs 20GB Vram again for resale in a couple of years would be daft not to hold out for the larger Vram? Again though who would want the AORUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 XTREME if I flip it this month? Doubtful anyone? More so in 2 years when the 20GB version has been in the wild and prob the Ti version? Lets be honest if AMD trump even the 3090 Team Green will launch a Ti version within the next 6 months...

Back
Top Bottom