1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you had the"slow agp" on asrock 939 dual board.Or is it peeps who cant set it up

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Mrchu_, 5 Feb 2006.

1. Mrchu_

Hitman

ASROCK USERS PLEASE "slow agp" on 939 dual board.Myth or set it up woes?

Okay, I wouldnt mind almost, polling the figures. that relate to the so called odd benchmark results some people are having with the asrock dual sata 939 board.I for one have never encountered this on mine with my 6800gt and want to get to the root of the myth.

1. Firstly if you have/had/not this problem?

If yes symptoms please :)

2. It would be good to hear of the different cards that display inconsistant 3d mark results-Ati/Nvidia.

3. If the user has first installed the ULi AGP v3.0 Controller,before installing the graphics driver.

4. What bios youre using.overclocks on ram gpu cpu,if any.

5. If you managed to rectify the situation and stabalise your 3d mark/benchmark results for this problem.And how.

I have a feeling the answer lays soley within the 6600/6800 range of cards,Possibly pipe unlock related or throttling.I dont know.But if people with ati have it too,this would be interesting.

Please keep it specific to user feedback or answers to the topic.Please if it can be kept away from a how to guide for novice asrock users please .

Last edited: 7 Feb 2006
  2. [email protected]

Sgarrista

rig in sig no performance problems and you should always install the ULi agp driver from ULi's website beffor any graphics card drivers

3. MeddlE

Wise Guy

Specs in sig, as stated above agp driver then graphics driver, no speed problems.

4. swanseajack

Wise Guy

No probs here, everything at stock apart from extra pipes open on card.

A64 3200+, 1gb kingston ram, 6800LE.

9536 in 3d mark 03.

Ram in 2t mode, bios 1.50.

5. UOcUK Poopscoop

Mobster

I went from a [email protected] to an [email protected] both systems using an X800 XTPE.

It barely matched the P4 in benchmarks. I expected it to destroy it, perhaps a P4 @3.6 isn't so bad for gaming or there was an AGP bottleneck on the Asrock?

I am now using A PCIe 7800GT and benchies are pretty much spot on for this system specs.

Basically I think there is a slight bottleneck with AGP on the Asrock, but who cares, what an amazing mobo for the price!

It's allowed me to make a painless swap over to PCIe and has AM2 support.

Bargain mobo and it is destined to be one of those "classic" mobo's you own over the years. :)

P.S. When I was on AGP, I did a "text book" install of drivers and stuff. I believe (as do others) that this mobo is just a little PCIe biased at the AGP port's expense.

Last edited: 5 Feb 2006
  6. mp260767

Capodecina

Yup i've seen mention of this before as well, dont really have any problems on mine, didnt run any comparisons with my previous agp mobo, but it games the way i want it to so im happy, its allowed me to go a64 and pci-e in the future.

7. ninjapilot

Hitman

Well no probs here on a clean install, then installed the ULi intergrated drivers then the Nvidia drivers.
    as far as 3dmark scores i've only done 03 and my score was over 11500 all at stock whereas my previous system xp2400 @ 2200 would be 10500 ish.
    i'm using bios 1.2 with no problems, with a very mild Oc of 2200 just until i get the hang of this Cpu and the ram is @ 220 cas 2.3.3.6 & 1t.

System in sig

Ninja :)

8. The_TailGunner

Wise Guy

cant say ive seen any problem here...cs: source runs quicker than it did on my old rig (in sig), so im happy

TG

9. Digital Punk

Wise Guy

Didn't have any real performance difference between the Asrock and my A8V KT800Pro board with my X800XT AGP.

Installed Uli AGP first, then Cat drivers.

10. UOcUK Poopscoop

Mobster

http://www.asrock.com/support/download.asp?Model=939Dual-SATA2

New 1.60 bios out that *may* improve agp performance??

A post was just made about it by another member in the main Asrock thread, nice post by him btw. :)

Anyone going to do a benchmark witha before and after result with the new bios? :)

I can't as I am now on PCIe.

11. swanseajack

Wise Guy

9441 in 03 with the option enabled.

9473 in 03 with the option disabled.

A64 3200+, 1GB DDR 400 kingston ram dual chan mode, 6800LE 16,1 6vp

Everything at stock.

12. Webzta

Wise Guy

Score looks pretty low, clock your system up you should be getting 11-12k.

For reference i get 11524 leadtek 6800le 16/6 intel 660 2gig ocz

13. Fireblade2K4

Wise Guy

AGP is fine on my setup, no hasstles with it at all using my BFG 6800 Ultra and it is as smooth as in all the games I play with my Opty 146 @ 2.5Ghz, I'm happy with it :D

Stu

14. luismenendez

Suspended

I my case I got better score using the same gfx with my XP-2500 at 2400 Mhz than with the opteron at 2560 Mhz (about 10% less with opty + asrock)