HDD

Associate
So my old computer was full of viruses so i made a new partition on the HDD to install the OS again i put the disc in when and start installing it (On windows) it installs perfectly i restart to go on the new partition and then i delete the old one. I turned it on in the morning and i got that bootmngr not found error. So i take the HDD out put it in my computer format it and then try installing again but its not having any of it. It says i can't install it on the Partition i just formatted for it because its a 'Dynamic' partition :S...

Anyone have any ideas what i should do?

J.B

J.B

Soldato
Boot off the Windows CD, depending on what OS it is you're installing there will be a disk managment section during the install process. Just delete all the partitions and start from scratch.

For more details please tell us what version of Windows you are installing?

Associate
OP
Boot off the Windows CD, depending on what OS it is you're installing there will be a disk managment section during the install process. Just delete all the partitions and start from scratch.

For more details please tell us what version of Windows you are installing?

Windows 7 Ultimate all of the options for Delte, Create etc.. are not clickable. I left 60GB free so i could have maybe created a partition but it wasn't having it :/

Associate
OP
Sounds like you have formatted your boot partition and removed the files needed to point to your new Windows 7 installation.

This might help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

or search "missing bootmngr" in Google.

Nah the HDD is completely empty now but one partition which is a recovery partition but i don't know how to access it if i knew how to access that then it would be a lot easier because i could just use that instead of installing a new windows on it.

Back
Top Bottom