1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI connection

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by munge, 9 May 2006.

1. munge

Hitman

Have a BFG 7800GT graphics card and want to connect it to my new :D Sony Bravia HDTV. What leads/connectors do I need?

Obviously I have a spare DVI output on my card - do I just get a DVI to HDMI convertor and get a long DVI lead (or DVI to HDMI and long HDMI lead) to plug into the TV? Or am I better off (and is there) a DVI to HDMI lead?

2. Tommy B

Sgarrista

DVI > HDMI I would have thought.

[​IMG]

Use image link.

3. Firegod

Sgarrista

^ Yup Belkin to a DVI to HDMI (male) cable in 3m and 5m varieties I blieve. Can be had for under £15. :) I should know, I've bought one. :D

4. King_Boru

Wise Guy

ah,.... might have to purchase one for my new Samsung 26" HDTV... can you get 15m ones?

5. turtle3

Wise Guy

If you got the sammy LE26 same as me im afraid the dvi to hdmi doesnt work :( well tell a lie it does, but looks awfull and doesnt fit the screen,, Ive had to stick with VGA :(

6. munge

Hitman

Cheers. For some reason didn't email me I had a reply. Have ordered one.

7. Jack Bauer

Wise Guy

A bit off topic but Im in the market for a new LCD TV and I have noticed that many of the HD ready ones have a DVI input but no HDMI. Is there a quality difference between the two or any reson why I must have a HDMI input?

8. gtir666

Gangster

I use a dvi -> hdmi cable on my samsung 42" plasma works great for films and games 1080i. Though gives you a headache if you try and read text.

If youve an nvidia gfx card thiers loads of settings in forceware drivers to get it to fit screen right etc.