HDMI switch for PS4 and PC

Associate
Hi, let's start with a little back story.

I have two monitors on my desk that I use for both my PC and PS4 via HDMI cable but if I want to switch between the two I have to keep unplugging either the monitor the cable to my PlayStation which I feel is faff.

I've seen a few HDMI switches on Amazon that would allow me to plug both into the switch and then press a button on the top to change between the two and was just wondering if this would this work OK?

It's only a couple of quid but I'd rather not order and wait for it to be delivered to find it there's complications.

Any advice or suggestions? I can answer questions if needed.

Associate
OP
Just checked the Argos Q&A's for the SV1630 and someone has wrote 'Our supplier has advised the following information; The SV1630 is not compatible with PS4'.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I took a punt on some some random brand effort from Amazon, Gana HDMI Switch 4K. Dirt cheap but works a treat. Auto switches to the last turned on device, and can manually switch between devices with a button on top. Works fine with my PC/XBOX/Virgin Box. It's completely no frills but does what I need it to so can't complain :D

Caporegime
^ exactly my experience, the switch will auto change to the input you last turned on.

I use a HDMI switch into my AVR for convenience more than anything.

Associate
OP
Yeah, apparently if the switch is powered by HDMI one device has to be turned on constantly for the switch to work correctly but the Kinivo Premium might be my best bet.

Caporegime
I used to use PS4, Xbox, PS3 and PC with it without any issues. Have never needed to use the included remote either as it switches to the device when you power it on.

I only stopped using it because I got an AVR so the PS4 goes directly into that now.

Associate
HDCP runs from the PS4 through to the TV - switching boxes/splitters/recievers go in the middle and can interfere with that.

The switching box needs HDCP 2.2 digital rights management protocols and the HDMI 2.0a specification to work with the PS4.

Your Duronic HRS1051 has both HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0a.

How is that relevant to the thread?

Back
Top Bottom