1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hdmi works in monitor, same cable no signal after splash screen on tv

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by caveman OCUK, 22 Apr 2018.

1. caveman OCUK

Gangster

As the title says, if I use hdmi from graphics card to TV I get splash screen then no signal, connect the same cable out the TV and into a monitor and it works fine, I tested this also by turning the computer on while connected to TV no signal, whilst it was still on I took it out the TV straight into the monitor and voilĂ  desktop is there, the graphics card is fine as it works in my brothers computer, any ideas guys N gals? And the TV just has hdmi so there's no option to test a different connection to it. Thanks in advance =)

2. mrbazmondo

Hitman

Are you using a refresh rate or resolution the TV doesn't support?

3. caveman OCUK

Gangster

I managed to get it to the main desktop and it somehow was at a 4k resolution and 59hz, my TV is a 4k one but would the 59 hurts have mixed it up, as I literally just tried that when I saw you messaged, and it seems to be stable and not flickering now, but I don't want to jinx it

4. mrbazmondo

Hitman

If you're lucky it will say in your TV manual what refresh rates it supports.