• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HDR and display port 1.4

Associate
Hi Guys,

Managed to get a a RTX 3060ti at almost MSRP today (by the amazing uplift from Rx580).

I have connected it with a display port 1.4 cable that was suggested by others on the forum to a freesync 1440p 144hz HDR monitor. Thing is that i am getting the 144hz but i see that as soon as i turn HDR in windows everything becomes dull and grey. In cyberpunk, i can enable HDR but when i tune it with in game settings, the image does not change which it was on my RX580.

Something i am missing?

Thanks

Permabanned
Sounds to me that something is not running in HDR. I don't think it will be the cable. Usually if you exceed the capability of the cable the screen just goes black! One thing to watch with the monitor is that some of the resolutions and refresh rates will not support HDR. Try selecting a different refresh rate and or resolution.

Associate
OP
Got it to work.

So first i had to reduce the refresh rate of the monitor to 120hz and then was able to get the option to change the color bit rate from 8 to 10. Then toggled hdr in windows and go in game and set to hdrscrgb. Played with settings and it looks surprisingly good.

Back
Top Bottom