1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

heads up regardging msi file creation

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by daztrouk, 9 Oct 2009.

1. daztrouk

Hitman

Firstly, i have absolutely nothing to do with this product. I was stuck in a situation where an application we use received a patch, which caused an issue elsewhere in the application, and the software supplier refused to provide an msi file, only an exe. Not much good when you have to get it installed on 100+ PC's. Anyway the program is called 'Exe to Msi Converter free 1.0', and it simply allows you to select the exe, and it then converts it into an msi file ready to be deployed via GP. I tried the other msi creation programs, but didn't have much luck with the whole 'taking an image to see which files and registry entries are changed during the install process'. Nothing wrong with this approach, but i'm lazy and that seemed like to much effort for what it was worth to get setup tbh.

2. Burnsy2023

Man of Honour

So what's your question?

3. monkeyspank

Soldato

What question?

4. daztrouk

Hitman

I'm not asking a question, I'm making a recommendation as i can't have been the only one to have struggled with making an msi from an exe.

5. Burnsy2023

Man of Honour

Ok, so you're recommending this app?