Healthy fast food

Soldato
Could be wrong with all things but I know that when growing organic apples they are sprayed with heavy metals rather than the traditional chemical pesticides etc. This means that they have roughly the same overall nutritional value but could potentially be worse for you as they have raised levels of arsenic (for example).

Man of Honour
[edit]In fact, does it even matter why the lycopene is there? Fact is, organic has more. .

But if it is content, then it is only there if the content is higher, not all organic products will be, but many our as they are marketed for that market.

Man of Honour
yep

Make homade kebbabs and take them into work. Awesome when you get a bit board of other stuff, so easy and stuff the salad in there.

Caporegime
As someone rightly said you can release the lycopene through cooking. Like lutein, lycopene has no issues with cooking temps. Another way to release it just as effectively is to blend it, so you don't have to cook it if you don't want to.

Man of Honour
No fast food will be particularly healthy, as most fast foods use cheap processed carbs which are really rather awful. That's if we're taking "true" fast food. Anything that keeps away from processed foods (basically carbs) will be fine. Jacket potato and beans is a good "fast food" - but clearly not if waiting for it to be prepared from scratch.

I keep away from any mass produced breads and processed and refined carbs as doing so you might as well just eat a KFC or McD's (makes me feel sick thinking about it).

Best fast food for me is popping into a shop/deli which has roasted chickens ready to eat - and buy one and nom away :D But I am an ogre.

Back
Top Bottom