Healthy fast food

Man of Honour
No it's not too bad - over priced though - but lots of protein, fats and little carbs! So all good. I love my high protein high fat diet, keeps me slim. :)

True about the price but its a nice little treat once in a while especially after a hard gym session as I can fall into it on the way home :D

People do realise where kebab meet comes from and how they prepare it, right?

You could say that about any processed meat but I think most people here are on about shish which is just diced breast marinaded rather than the big elephants legs

Man of Honour
People do realise where kebab meet comes from and how they prepare it, right?

Yup, but I'm talking about real kebabs in places like Cyprus and the Middle East which eat it as part of their daily diet, where the meat isn't processed or refined, or reconsituted and you can see the layers of meat and fat - and that it's good quality. If you meant doner that is.

Shish is hard to find anything wrong with it, bar perhaps using poor quality meat or not using individual cuts of meat but reconsituted meat! :(

True about the price but its a nice little treat once in a while especially after a hard gym session as I can fall into it on the way home :D

Oh absolutely - treasts are definitely worth having - especially if they are high in protein! :D

Man of Honour
I would have thought my question would have highlighted that i already knew. Remember seeing a program about it and it was horrible.

what was horrible about it.
the question points out that you probably don't know or have a skewed opinion on what is nasty.

Just like people who say McDonalds used Mechanically reclaimed meat, or rubbish offcuts.

Man of Honour
In my favourite kebab house around here the chicken and lamb doner skewers are stored in plain view of the front counter, and you can see the cuts of meat on them are fresh.

Soldato
Fruit stall, take your pick, buy, eat.

Doesn't get much healthier or faster than that.

Generally speaking all fast food chains are unhealthy, there is more salt in a salad at mcdonalds than in a big mac for a good example.

Caporegime
No it's not too bad - over priced though - but lots of protein, fats and little carbs! So all good. I love my high protein high fat diet, keeps me slim. :)

I also favour a high protein and fat diet. :)

The effects of glycation are a major damaging effect to the body, and this we can mainly attribute to high g.i. carbs.

Man of Honour
I also favour a high protein and fat diet. :)

The effects of glycation are a major damaging effect to the body, and this we can mainly attribute to high g.i. carbs.

Agreed - it's something which so many people know so little about. It comes around owing to the fact that it's so much cheaper to buy and produce refined/processed carbs (high GI, or simple carbs to those who don't know) that people use carbs to bloat their foods with which is such a shame. However people's glycemic loads and blood/sugar levels are undoubtedly all over the place as a result. I work quite hard at keeping my insulin spikes at times I need them (post work out for example) and not at night as it mitigates the release of GH when you fall asleep. It's not a diet I follow, it's a lifestyle - I don't believe in diets, I believe in good nutrition and good living. Hence why my BF is relatively low yet carry decent mass (though strength & weight training is mainly the reason for this - but most of the work goes into the day to day food choices). I take it perhaps to a slightly extreme level with hormone optimising cycles etc... However even basic low simple carb diets (and they don't have to be ketogenic diets, just good quality carbs, though I limit myself at 150g per day.) is easily achievable and so much healthier for you.

Soldato
Subway - Healthy....Dear God !

Why do you think a 6" wheat bread has nearly 200 calories before you add anything. It only weighs about 80g and has 200 calories.

If it was me - I would procescute Subway for their shocking "Eat Fresh" lies that they spout to the Public here - and whats worrying is that the majority of people actually believe it's a healthy fast food choice - so go there regularly.

All their so called breads including their wheat bread contains so much High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) it's criminal and one of the main causes of obesity and numerous other health problems. Yet they still say all their ingredients are natural etc etc. They also use Ammonium sulfate in all their Bread, & in the US Azodicarbonamide - which is banned in Europe.

Mate goes their all the time and spouts about his healthy 6" Chicken Teriaki with Mayo and Onion sauce.

300 Calories in the sauces alone + the 350 in the sub....Yes - Very Healthy :rolleyes:

And don't even start me about their "Whole wheat flour" rubbish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom