Healthy fast food

Soldato
I fail to see what's hard to understand about that? What fills you more - a huge veggie curry made with minimal oil, or three cream buns? Guess which holds more calories?
Easily three cream buns, I'd be full after 2.
The majority of "informed" posters here are utterly convinced by the calories in < calories out fallacy.
Because I'm the prime example of this, I stop eating junkfood, and lose like 2kg's in a week and I'm back at an unhealthy low weight...

Soldato
Them's dangerous words around here.

The majority of "informed" posters here are utterly convinced by the calories in < calories out fallacy.

look, the calorie in and out thing is a good platform for change, but people must know it doesn't stop there.

that basic science IS a great starting point.

some people assume its the only thing, and eat 2000 cals of biscuits per day and wonder why they are ill or still gaining

Soldato
I don't care about being super healthy or not, just want the easiest way to gain 10 kg's... Fat or no fat, I need to gain weight.

It's easy. It'll cost you a bit, but it's easy.

Eat takeaway meals three times a day. We're talking kebabs, double-burgers and fries etc etc. Onion rings and garlic bread on the side. Each day, drink 2 bottles or pints of dark ale along with dinner.

Doesn't matter if you can stomach it - get it down ye.

You're the prime example of nothing. You stop eating junk food, and you lose weight. WHAT A SURPRISE. How about replacing the same calorific intake in junk food, with good food? You'll still maintain the weight!

Unless, of course, you're saying that you can live on junk food forever and never manage to gain or lose any weight. In which case, you're actually completely disproving the point of every self-righteous idiot who's ever posted on these boards stating that everyone's body reacts entirely identically to diet (under the guise of the calories in < calories out theory).

Soldato

Eat takeaway meals three times a day. We're talking kebabs, double-burgers and fries etc etc. Onion rings and garlic bread on the side. Each day, drink 2 bottles or pints of dark ale along with dinner.

Doesn't matter if you can stomach it - get it down ye.

You're the prime example of nothing. You stop eating junk food, and you lose weight. WHAT A SURPRISE. How about replacing the same calorific intake in junk food, with good food? You'll still maintain the weight!

Unless, of course, you're saying that you can live on junk food forever and never manage to gain or lose any weight. In which case, you're actually completely disproving the point of every self-righteous idiot who's ever posted on these boards stating that everyone's body reacts entirely identically to diet (under the guise of the calories in < calories out theory).

his plumbing aint going to forgive you for that

Soldato
what kind of weight? fat or muscle?
I said...

I already do :confused:... This does not make me gain weight, I have been 49-51 kg's for 2 years now... Breakfast ( one sandwich with ham or cheese or w/e)> Junkfood lunch at uni > Junkfood diner before work > Junkfood/beer after work. This is my usual mon-friday eating habit since september 2009...

Soldato
I said...

I already do :confused:... This does not make me gain weight, I have been 49-51 kg's for 2 years now... Breakfast ( one sandwich with ham or cheese or w/e)> Junkfood lunch at uni > Junkfood diner before work > Junkfood/beer after work. This is my usual mon-friday eating habit since september 2009...

Hell, if it's really as bad as you make it out - maybe you should move to America and let them study you!

Unless, of course, you work out like a demon. Do you? Or are you a couch potato?

Soldato
I said...

it seems to me that you have a genetic make up that wont allow you to become something your not.

genes are king

Soldato
Hell, if it's really as bad as you make it out - maybe you should move to America and let them study you!

Unless, of course, you work out like a demon. Do you? Or are you a couch potato?

I'm a lazy **** overall, but I'm kind of hyper active when I listen to music, I can spend hours and hours running/ jumping around like a moron in my room :p. And my work ( only 3 hrs per evening though and atm only 3 evenings per week) is quite physical.

My eating today was ( a tad different):
Sarny before uni ( got up 1pm).
Before work I had a dish special to here ( called kapsalon ( yeah barbershop)), it's fries topped with doner kebab, melted cheese and veggies, lots of garlic sauce and sambal.
After work at home fries with mayo and chicken nuggets with sweet chilli sauce.
And just now I've finished a double portion of noodles.

Most days don't differ that much though and are comparable.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a lazy **** overall, but I'm kind of hyper active when I listen to music, I can spend hours and hours running/ jumping around like a moron in my room :p. And my work is quite physical.

Is it wrong that I want to make a Paul McKenna-esque TV show for you called "I Will Make You Fat"?

Soldato
But still, in the end:
calories in < calories out theory
Should always be correct shouldn't it ?

Every move you do costs energy, everything you eat gives you energy, if you're gaining wight it means too many calories go in and too little are used ?

Soldato
But still, in the end:

Should always be correct shouldn't it ?

Every move you do costs energy, everything you eat gives you energy, if you're gaining wight it means too many calories go in and too little are used ?

You see, as Dogoid said it's a good starting point.

FAR too many people take at face value though. Our bodies all react differently to things - for example you need to factor in your BMR, which can vary massively depending on lifestyle etc.

If you tell someone "it's easy - calories in < calories out", and they decide "Hey, I sit around all day so I'll restrict myself to 800 kcal a day, that'll work!", that's just plain dangerous.

Not to mention that after a couple of weeks, their body will enter starvation mode, start storing FAT and lower the BMR in response; and they literally end up in culinary hell. It's not safe to just throw that around like it's gospel.

Man of Honour
don't know why people consider carb's enemy, it no more fattening than too much protein or fats .

the brain can only use carbohydrates for energy, remove it from your diet completely , it will have a adverse affect on your thinking and alertness.

what you should be worried about is ingredients fast food tend to use.

high fructose corn syrup
aspartame
mono sodium glutamate

anything really that substitutes natural food stuffs with cheap alternatives that makes companies selling the stuff more profitable.

Your brain can also run on ketones which dont require carbs to be created

Man of Honour
Your brain can also run on ketones which dont require carbs to be created

~Furthermore protein can be turned to glucose if carbs are needed within your body.

There's a lot of dodgy stuff being said in this thread - or at least misperceptions of how the body works and what the body needs to function.

I don't agree with 0 carbs, but low carbs for sure, as long as you have a representative amount of protein and fat to ensure you have the calories!

Back
Top Bottom