1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heatpipe performance once in case?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by snowdog, 15 Aug 2006.

1. snowdog

Capodecina

Hello,
    I have a freezer 7 atm standing vertically, and coolign is great, but wont performance be more than halfed once it will stand horizontally in my case?
    I mean the liquids in the heatpipes are affected by gravity right? wont putting my system in a case mess up temps??
    EDIT: Im talking about the Freezer 7 pro's heatpipes, not the ones from my asus p5n32 sli-del EDIT 2: nvm sry im tired, didnt see i said ac7 b4

Atm its like this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Aug 2006
  2. act smiley

Hitman

it'll be fine - the pipes are pressurised.

3. BillytheImpaler

Man of Honour

I'm pretty sure manufacturers place wicks inside the heatpipes just so they work correctly when tilted. That heatsink is designed to be used in an ATX case and as such it will work just fine when on its side.

4. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

no the gravity will not effect the heatpipes as much as you think. more on the lines of 1 maby 2c worse. reason is that they use sinthered powdered wicks to suck the liquid back down to the base.

5. snowdog

Capodecina

ok thanks all for the reply's, ill put all stuff temproraly in my old case till i get a new case (been plannign to get a new one for ages just didnt buy one yet, but this is gettign too dangerous rammed one of my hdd's twice wit ha cair and also almost killed my gfx card once noticed early enough tho my chair was touching it...), leats wotn have to worry bout temps and ramming stuff then while keeping it in my case...