Heatsink fan blade broken

Associate
Hi

I just bought my first PC system and a blade has broken off of the heatsink fan. This is causing quite severe vibrations and noise. Given the system is new (2-3 weeks old) I am getting a new fan delivered. As I am new to the custom PC scene I am looking for advice on how to replace this as I am a little apprehensive about working on the PC.

I am wondering if it is possible to replace this fan without completely removing the heat sink? There also seems to be a clear adhesive between the heatsink and fan. Also I cannot see any screws between the heatsink and fan does it just clip in with the rubber clips? Does the adhesive need to replaced also when the fan is replaced, is this adhesive thermal paste? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Pet Northerner
Don
Assuming it's that cooler, use this as a reference:

https://youtu.be/EzELJiOeDP8?t=1152

You'll hook the rubber feet out of the top of the heat sink, the pull te fan down to unhook the rubber out of the bottom.

There'll be a cable to unplug, just note where it came from.

Then replace the rubber feet things in the new fan (note the orientation of the sticker on the middle of the fan - the feet need to come out of the same side as before), pop the cable where it came from and hook the feet into the heatsink again.

Back
Top Bottom