Heaviest band / song?

Soldato
eeyore - slipknot...probably their heaviest song...and my its heavy :p

cannibal corpse as has been mentioned are a tad on the heavy side

The prodigy produce dance music...so you cant really say that they are heavy really ;):p

Man of Honour
alle said:
...The prodigy aren't even a 'Rock' band so not much chance of them being heavy ;)
G18241 said:
The prodigy produce dance music...so you cant really say that they are heavy really
I would beg to differ.... listen to the live versions of either 'Poison' or 'Their Law' from the Breathe single. As I stated, far heavier than rock bands can achieve IMO, proberlu due to a lack of silly lyrics (Although some silly MC-ing may be present ;) )

Associate
Try some underground Norwegian black metal, I don't think you really can get heavier than that....something like Mayhem or Black Witchery (both awful though, imho...good black metal are bands like Emperor, Enslaved, Dimmu Borgir, Darkthrone etc)...

-C

Suspended
I have no problems with listening to Converge. I know a load of people who are into Anaal Nathrakh, as well as a whole bunch of black or death metal. The thousands of people who turn up to see Venetian Snares or Merzbow play would probably dispute your claim that they can't be listened to.

Maybe your aging ears just can't take the music of today ;)

Soldato
SidewinderINC said:
Hatebreed are pretty heavy, and the most dangerous band ive seen!

Dangerous, as in large pits or something? First time I saw Machine Head, there was a circle pit from wall to wall :cool:

I wouldn't have said norwegian black metal bands were heavy, bands like Windir and Limbonic Art for example, dunno what I'd class them as.

Gottta agree with dmpoole, just last night I introduced my friend to Demanufacture, she likes it, and her taste is normaly along the lines of MeatLoaf, so Fear Factory are pretty listenable :)

Soldato
the whole venue was a pit, the only place you could get away from it was at the bar which was near enough in another room :D

people jumping from the stage and running over the top of people.
i havent had the chance to see MH, but i really wanna

Man of Honour
Arcade Fire said:
I have no problems with listening to Converge. I know a load of people who are into Anaal Nathrakh, as well as a whole bunch of black or death metal. The thousands of people who turn up to see Venetian Snares or Merzbow play would probably dispute your claim that they can't be listened to.

Maybe your aging ears just can't take the music of today ;)

Converge - excellent
Hatebreed - excellent
I couldn't find anything by Anaal Nathrakh but Merzbow is just noise (and I mean noise) and Venetian Snares sound like a prog jazz band.
I've just listened to a few tracks off the Venetian Snares - Rossz Csillag Allat Szuletett album and its jazz :confused:
Merzbows album is called Pulse Demon and also Rattus Rattus and its just noises.
Here are excerpts of three tracks by Merzbow and perhaps I am too old to listen to modern music - Merzbow

Suspended
The problem with trying to represent Venetian Snares with a 30 second sample is that he's too damn versatile - he does make a lot of chilled, almost ambient tracks, and he undoubtedly is influenced by jazz. But listening to the track 'Poor Kakarookee' from his album Songs About My Cats, the only way you could describe it as jazz is if you were in some godforsaken far-flung country where the word 'jazz' means 'ear-breaking techno'. It's definitely not heavy in the same way that metal is heavy, but it's sonically intense nonetheless.

Apologies if I sounded arsey before - I thought you were making some kind of catch-all statement that most 'heavy' music is crap. I see you like Converge, so obviously you weren't.

Permabanned
There has been some good suggestions on here. Nice thread.

I'd agree with Slayer and Sepultura being nice and heavy, but my vote goes to NAILBOMB.
They only did 2 albums, but I loved them to peices. :)

Soldato
OH MY... you guys need to check out Pig Destroyer, The Berzerker, Extreme Noise Terror, Nasum, The Locust, even Strapping Young Lad get a say. (those bands are the PWNAGE!) Some of the aforementioned bands labelled in this thread gave me a chuckle, heh. Grind is by far the heaviest in terms of musicality.

IMHO, heavier > everything else. ;)

Edit: Meshuggah's, 20+ mins entitled "I" gets my vote for track. Monu-mental stuff. WHO_ARGH!

Last edited:
Suspended
The Jet said:
OH MY... you guys need to check out Pig Destroyer, The Berzerker, Extreme Noise Terror, Nasum, The Locust, even Strapping Young Lad get a say. (those bands are the PWNAGE!) Some of the aforementioned bands labelled in this thread gave me a chuckle, heh. Grind is by far the heaviest in terms of musicality.
You like Discordance Axis? Best grind ever, I reckon.

Associate
dmpoole said:
And this is Venetian Snares - Here

Don't get me wrong but I think Aled Jones is heavier than this

while that album is fantastic, its perhaps his easiest to listen to, so probably not the best to choose. Not sure it can be described as jazz though!
Its classical music, sampled and messed about with drum/drill and bass underneath. One track has the elgar cello concerto...

i agree about merzbow, I've listened to 1930 which is supposed to be one of the best, can't say i really get it, but its good for winding up housemates.

Back
Top Bottom