Heaviest band / song?

Soldato
sist_si said:
I much preferred Jesu on record. You can distinguish everything that's going on in the music much better. I saw them with Isis and with Pelican in Brum and it was either too loud or the sound was bad. Stupid as it sounds, the album is quite a good one to chill out to....well I think so anyway...although, I do have a Godflesh song that someone gave me on a mix cd and I thought that was better than Jesu. *Mental note* I must get hold of an album.

As for Anaal...I haven't heard them yet either..their reputation preceeds them though by the sounds of it! My mates and I know one or two of the guys from Mistress from being out and about in Brum
I'm sufficiently intrigued now, will have a search for some Jesu and Godflesh.

You going to see Pelican this time around in Brum? They're playing with Cave In at the end of the month, and Red Sparowes are at The Medicine Bar the week after.

Associate
Big Chris said:
You going to see Pelican this time around in Brum? They're playing with Cave In at the end of the month, and Red Sparowes are at The Medicine Bar the week after.

Red Sparowes the week after?!?! Arrrgh! Too...much...money!
I know I'm deffo at Pelican/Cave In but I'm gonna have to save hard to get to Red Sparowes as well. They were so good last time!
Just bought tickets for Gemma Hayes and Will Haven too so my wallet is pretty wounded at the moment!

Associate
The Jet said:
Dry Kill Logic, NO. Ballad Metal. Second album EPIC Metal. Not Heavy Metal! :D

IMHO.

Whats ballad metal... and dont say DKL :) just curious thats all. i only said them cause i was listening to my mp3's while running today and "Pray That I Miss" came on, also i think "what!", "Now I See the Light" are heavy. i also made a mistake and called there album nightmare is is called "The Darker Side of Nonsense" ok maybe not the heaviest band going but some songs are fairly. like it has been said, it all matter of personal taste i guess.

Timbo

Soldato
Also depends on how wide the spectrum of music you listen too. :D

You know what a ballad is right? A song of sentimental value. Apply that more generally to a metal song which starts slow and quiet, and builds up gradually to a powerful, climactic end (epic). It's a fusion of such, a.k.a Ballad Metal. :)

I'm not being clever in terminology and creating yet another sub-genre, it's just a term that i can best describe Dry Kill Logic on the spot. :)

Soldato
sist_si said:
Red Sparowes the week after?!?! Arrrgh! Too...much...money!
I know I'm deffo at Pelican/Cave In but I'm gonna have to save hard to get to Red Sparowes as well. They were so good last time!
Just bought tickets for Gemma Hayes and Will Haven too so my wallet is pretty wounded at the moment!
May see you at the Academy then mate, I'll be the tallest guy in there with a bearded ginger guy next to me (Sic)

Saw Pelican just before Christmas at The Medicine Bar and they were awesome, not heard much Cave In though so am looking forward to them too. They're on Hydrahead though so they must be decent, anything Aaron Turner approves is well worth a shot.

Oceansize are also playing in Brum sometime in March, you should definitely try and make it to that too, they're amazing live.

Associate
The Jet said:
Also depends on how wide the spectrum of music you listen too. :D

You know what a ballad is right? A song of sentimental value. Apply that more generally to a metal song which starts slow and quiet, and builds up gradually to a powerful, climactic end (epic). It's a fusion of such, a.k.a Ballad Metal. :)

I'm not being clever in terminology and creating yet another sub-genre, it's just a term that i can best describe Dry Kill Logic on the spot. :)

I like it your description...although, does this make me a women for liking them, cause it makes them sound like a girls band calling them ballad metal.

So does that mean "This Love" by pantera is ballad metal song? ... i'm confused :) ... although i do like music with passion so that may explain my choice in music.

Timbo

Soldato
Timbo_La, DKL are a great band. I love "Paper Tigers," one of my favourite tracks by them and ballad metal fo SHO! I'd say the term can be coined as a generalisation perhaps as Pantera are predominantly heavy metal. This Love definitely builds up towards a more powerful ending however, so yeah, it could be regarded as a metal ballad as a technicality. :D

Back
Top Bottom