• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

hehe, e6300 just arrived.

Associate
What cooling do you have there, sgoaty?

If thats air, then methinks I'm going to be seeing very similar overclocks to you :D

Just waiting for mine to actually be despatched.

Soldato
Socaddict said:
What cooling do you have there, sgoaty?

If thats air, then methinks I'm going to be seeing very similar overclocks to you :D

Just waiting for mine to actually be despatched.

Yup just air :D

here is a super pi screen

Soldato
And a 3dmark screen
3dmark06gb8.jpg

Do you want any others stelly?

Soldato
Elric said:
go for it. :)

I'm not sure how much headroon for o/c I have now, as th ram that I accidentally ordered was NOT the HZ but th NR. Tried it, no joy. I whipped out 2GB of Crucial Ram from My Dell unit and bingo, I have a worky system for the interim.

it's PC2 5300 stuff with CL5. Might have a crack and see what this ram can do but i may also just wait for the NZ to be RMA'd and replaced with something that WILL work with this mobo.

ho-hum

the NR (GSkill ) is PC2 6400 isnt it? I have ordered it also thinking that 800Mhz was the important part (in relation to default Conroe fsb of 667MHz?)

I know there is DDR2 ram thats 1066, but its a good middle ground isnt it especially for the budget end of the conroes?

Soldato
FrankJH said:
the NR (GSkill ) is PC2 6400 isnt it? I have ordered it also thinking that 800Mhz was the important part (in relation to default Conroe fsb of 667MHz?)

I know there is DDR2 ram thats 1066, but its a good middle ground isnt it especially for the budget end of the conroes?

I was going to go for the NR as i thought that and the HZ were both DDR800 so they would both do fine however before i ordered i found out that the HZ uses the same micron chips as some of the PC8000 going about hence mine is doing DDR920 no sweat :D

Soldato
sgoaty said:
I was going to go for the NR as i thought that and the HZ were both DDR800 so they would both do fine however before i ordered i found out that the HZ uses the same micron chips as some of the PC8000 going about hence mine is doing DDR920 no sweat :D

I really hope my choice of ram doesnt hold me back too much

Associate
OP
Well, just a little update after the wrong ram saga.

I've managed to ramp the speed up to 2.1Ghz with the crucial ram, but it does not *** to go any higher. Still, until I can get myself some decent Pc6400 ram that works with this board, I'm happy enough with that. :)

I've just installed Prey onto the PC and had a go of it. VERY impressed with the performance of Intel's baby Core2Duo. I'm maxxing all the graphic settings out and it flies along. :)

Back
Top Bottom