Help a noob with an online store

Associate
I am currently helping a friend set up a business in Vietnam and need some advice. She already has an online store in Korea (www.sundayparis.com) and she wants to make a similar store in Vietnam in English and Vietnamese. The problem is we have no idea where to start and what our options are.

A few requirements:

* Easy to manage with no knowledge of code. Will need updating with new photos and items every day.

*A customer should be able to create an account

* Shoppers must be able to add several items to their basket and then checkout and provide an address and time for delivery (we should be able to limit the times). No payment system is needed as they will be taken on delivery.

I have been doing some research but it's all a bit mind boggling. I have looked at maybe using wordpress or an all in one service like webshaper.com.my. Alternatively we can hire a local to make a website for a few $100. Any feedback on either of these options? What else is there? I don't mind educating myself if the learning curve isn't too steep. Cost is an issue as she doesn't want to spend anything if she can avoid it!

Appreciate any help

Associate
Shopify sounds perfect for what you're after - there's a monthly fee and they take a transaction percentage but for that you get:
  • A fully hosted shop with "unlimited" bandwidth
  • Maintenance/support
  • Customisability
  • All the features you're after

There's no coding involved to set up anything except for custom themes.

Back
Top Bottom