• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help and guidance/experience needed!

Soldato
Come monday I will be transplanting my system into a shiney new antec 300 case. I will also be fitting a baram heatsink and have arcticlean and AS5 paste.

Bit nervous about this so does anyone have any practical advice in cleaning and reapplying the paste on an AMD 965 BE and also installing the baram heatsink.

My mobo is a M4A79XTD-EVO AM3 board.

Any and all help appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Associate
get a lint free cloth (or an old sock works well) and remove the old paste from the cpu.

buff it to a high shine.

buff the contact area on the new heatsink to a high shine, even if its brand new.

apply a very thin and even layer of paste across the entire heat spreader of the cpu with an old credit card. Take you time with this, get it as even and as thin as you can.

Fit the new heatsink as per instructions, twist it a couple of degrees in each direction before nipping the screws up.

Test with high load app (prime95, IBT etc) and monitor temps with coretemp. if it goes over 70C @ stock, try again cos you've made a balls

Back
Top Bottom