1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[HELP] Artefacts from downclocked RX580

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Fotek, 15 Dec 2017.

1. Fotek

Gangster

I'm getting weird artefacts such as little white squares in some applications and videos that move randomly or reproduce on mouse movement. If I open Sapphire Trixx I get weird refresh issues on the GUI with black blocks that disappear when I mouse over.

I've managed to find a fix but obviously, it's still not right. Under normal use it runs at 300MHz/300MHz so is being downclocked. When I put the card under load, therefore, running at stock clocks the artefacts disappear. It's bizarre as obviously, you would normally expect this to be the other way around.

My card is only about seven months old and was won in the landing page design competition from you guys.

Specs:
    • AMD Ryzen 1800X
    • Corsair LPX 16GB 2666
    • Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
    • Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ LE 8GB

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JypBxPOxiiqgIfpT62vet_DkFQDJ6Blp/view?usp=sharing

Cheers.

Last edited: 15 Dec 2017
  2. iBSOD

Wise Guy

I would first see if ocuk will swap it or something. Maybe you could try increasing the 2d clock

3. Fotek

Gangster

Yeah i've sent a webnote requesting this, probably only going to get worse.

4. opethdisciple

Capodecina

Have you changed any voltages or clock speeds?

5. Fotek

Gangster

No never been overclocked, I was playing Tomb Raider last night, most of the time it was fine but every so often I would get those long stretched textures. I've messaged OCUK for an RMA any way so hopefully get it replaced.

Cheers.