Help: Budget PC for mainly music production, but also gaming

Associate
Hello there!

I plan to build a new pc for mostly music production, but also for some gaming. (Budget pc) I have done some research and decided to pick the following parts for my pc:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Gtx 1660 super Ventus xs oc
Mobo: Asus rog-strix b450-f
PSU: Corsair CV650 80+ bronze
RAM: Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 16gb (2*8gb)
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500gb m.2 2280
Case: Corsair Icue 220T RGB TG

I wonder if these parts are compatible with each other, and if the choice of parts are the best ones for both music production and gaming within the price I ended up with.

I would like the build to be an ATX-build, with a nice looking case (tempered glass)

Is there anything wrong with the build? Should I replace some parts with other parts? Are there any cheaper alternatives of parts that will give me the same performance as I get with the parts I have selected right now?

I appreciate all the help I can get. (I live in Sweden btw)(EU)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hello
I wouldn't buy the Asus Motherboard if you are planning to upgrade the 3600 at some point in the future. MSI make better B450 motherboards but look for the word MAX in the product description. If you could wait a few weeks there will be the B450's successor, the B550 range of motherboards will be available for sale, here in the UK anyway.

Samsung M.2 SSD's are good but overpriced. Search for 'sabrent rocket nvme' which are well regarded on this forum & cheaper.

The Corsair PSU, It's OK but you can buy much better from Corsair. If your budget allows buy a TXM or an RM model.

Associate
OP
Thank you for the help.

I have a few questions tho.
Which b550 do you prefer?
Which one of the Corsair RM and TXM is the best?

I can’t find the Sabrent rocket in Sweden, and the shipping from amazon will be 45€ extra. Do you know if there is a better alternative for the ssd?

Last edited:
Soldato
OK

B550. Too early to tell which make & model B550 will be the best value for money. Because it is not due to be for sale until the middle of June, AMD has what they call a 'non disclosure' agreement with reviewers and online tech content creators. These people get 'samples' which give them time to setup and run various 'recognised benchmarks' on the new hardware, make comparisons with the previous generation & its competitors, draw a conclusion and say how good it is. To do that before AMD says they can is a breach of that agreement, I've no idea what the consequences actually are but I would imagine that their career as a reviewer or an online tech content creator would be over & the possibility of being sued.

Corsair = RM is fully modular (All detachable cables) 10 year warranty, TXM is semi modular (CPU cables attached, but you'll need those anyway) 7 year warranty.

Having a quick look at a couple of your countrys online vendors, I'd suggest for an NVME SSD, PNY, ADATA, Toshiba, WD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom