Help, I need to quieten my PC!

Associate
As title suggest, my new computer build is unbearably loud. I need some help to make this as quiet as possible, all parts from overclockers.co.uk please :)

My specs are in my signature!

Basically, what I have right now is a heavily overclocked i7 3770k with a Noctua D-14 (using both fans that came with them, plugged straight onto the motherboard) , I do not mind reducing the clocks at all to somewhere like 4.4ghz etc...

Powercolor PCS+ 7850 2gb card, I can control fan speed in msi afterburner so that's no biggy (unless any 3rd party coolers can be recommended).

NO case fans in use at all. In fact, I cannot even figure out where I would plug them in, I guess I need a fan controller or some extra cables?

Spec me up OCUK, I am honestly a bit overwhelmed with, my PC sounds like a helicopter.

UPDATE : Ordered BeQuiet 530W PSU with silentwings fan to replace crappy corsair hw620 which sounds like robocop.

UPDATE : I need recommendations for all parts including fans, I believe I have space for 3x120mm fans and 1x230mm, is this the best combination? Any bitfenix prodigy owners have anything for me to chew on?

Last edited:
Associate
Identifying where your noise is is the most important thing, use a used toilet roll tube or similar and put your ear against it and point it at different parts of your PC to find out where the noise is!

Soldato
Maybe your new PSU will reduce the noise level down, adding case fans will just do the opposite :p But they are essential for airflow otherwise temps will be sky high

Back
Top Bottom