Help improve my build, buying at the end of November (Black Friday)

Associate
Hello ! First of all, I'm from Portugal, the reason why you'll see my ************ as germany, is because most of the things I need are cheaper there.

Useful Information :

The pc will be bought at the end of November to take advantage of any black friday deals I can.

What I need here is advice because I'm extremely paranoid that I won't be able to get the right parts or the best price for performance.

Budget // Build theme // Future proofing :

The budget of the build should be maximum 1000€ (Can go over if it's a huge upgrade, like "Oh get the new 5600x it's going to be amazing, etc) but the cheaper the better. The objective is for it to be "future proof" or "upgradable" as I go and set money away for it, the 980 is a used card I will buy from a trusted seller and it's to serve as a placeholder until mid/ends of 2021 for the pc to receive a 3060/70/80. The budget does NOT include the 3000 series card which I will buy later on

I like RGB but mainly to set it to white and see the case at night, so , I leave it to your expertise and discretion on RGB parts.

Why the 980 ?

With the 980 the goal is 1080p 60fps Max/High graphics on most games, willing to take the medium graphics on later games to be released yet, when I get the 3000 series card ( or the new navi ) the goal will be 1440p + higher refresh rate down the line.

What will I do with this pc ?

- Gaming : World of Warcraft, older games, AAA newer, story driven games like Cyberpunk , witcher 3 , new cods , etc

- Audio Editing : I'm an audio editor and mixer, I haven't had any issues using Pro Tools, Reaper, RX plugins, Nuendo, etc on my current laptop (GE702PE Apache Pro) so I figure I won't need anything better than the 3600 for that

- Video Editing : When needed, it's very very light and not even worth mentioning

What do I need from you ?

I need your opinion on my partlist, your recommendations, your questions, etc I need to be ready and happy with my build, I currently am, but , I figured I would ask here. If you have any questions, I will gladly answer them. Thank you for taking the time to read this and help me out.I believe information and knowledge are NEVER enough and I will stop at nothing to minmax this build.

The Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (€183.99)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 CPU Cooler (€24.90)
Motherboard: ASRock B550 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard (€128.70)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (€129.99)
Storage: Kingston A2000 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€105.83)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4 GB Video Card (€95.00)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case (€85.00)
Power Supply: Antec NeoECO Gold ZEN 700 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply (€91.00)
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC55BT B1 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter (€25.00)
Case Fan: ARCTIC F12 PST 53 CFM 120 mm Fan (€10.00)
Total: €879.41

Last edited:
Soldato
Welcome aboard.
First of all forum rules forbid naming/linking OcUK's competitors, so remove those and just use product names.

Would be best to wait release of Zen3 Ryzens on 5th of next month.
That should bring some price changes.

Don't waste money into gaming hype words.
Standard Freezer 34 is roughly equal for lot less less and would be good also for 8 core.
Black colour and second fan don't make it comparable to beefy coolers available for €40 level like Alpenfohn Brocken 3.

Non-RGB memory could save €20

TLC based Kingston A2000 and WD Blue SN550 are better choises than QLC based Crucial P1, whose proper price should be good amount smaller.
(QLC Flash's unbuffered write speed is worser than in HDDs so it's garbage barrel tech)

S12III made by outsourced factory is even worser than S12II and doesn't deserve Seasonic's name.
And certainly it's completely substandard for this budget level.
Seasonic Core would be sensible minimum.
Besides qualtiy PSU is the PC's longest usage potential having part after case.

Arctic P12s are better fans.

Associate
OP
Hello @EsaT I'm sorry I messed up on the rules, I have promply fixed that :D

CPU Cooler : Can you recommend any white options that are cheaper than the one I have ? If not , I think I'll go for the white one just to match the build looks unless I need those 20€ for something else in the pc , however, for the sake of sales and eventual choice, I have added the 34 normal to my lists .

The RGB memory will stay because it was the only white one I could find for that price , but as I said above, If I need those 20€ elsewhere, they will get the boot

SSDs have been added to my watchlists as well, thank you for the input

What do you think of the "Antec NeoECO Gold ZEN 700 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply" ?

The case fans are indeed P12s on my list, sorry for the mistake.

Overall, thank you for your help, I'm just making sure this build is great :D As soon as I see a price drop on a 3600 i'll snipe it , i'll wait until, maximum, start of december for this always looking after the best prices.

Last edited:
Soldato
That Antec seems to be somewhat pricy for basic 5 year warranty PSU.
There are many 10 year warranty PSUs near that price like Corsair RM650 and Phanteks AMP/Seasonic Focus GX.

Associate
OP
That Antec seems to be somewhat pricy for basic 5 year warranty PSU.
There are many 10 year warranty PSUs near that price like Corsair RM650 and Phanteks AMP/Seasonic Focus GX.

Thank you, I've added the rm 650 to the list and have seasonic on watch, thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom