Help installing NHS VPN client on Lenovo Ideapad please

Man of Honour
I've helped 3 work colleagues plus myself to setup their NHS VPN for Remote Desktop on their own PCs with no problem.

Today I'm setting up on a Lenovo Ideapad with no luck.
The EXE file [email protected] acts as though it installs but nothing happens! (You are supposed to see traffic lights below right).
Looking at the C:\drive where it is supposed to be installing shows no new Sophos folder being created!
I've obviously re-booted etc

Any ideas?

Soldato
execute in a command window, for any diagnostics it might give, or, look for log files.

edit maybe

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2100664-can-t-install-cisco-anyconenct-vpn-client
I'm not sure this is the same issue we were having when we first started using Cisco AnyConnect, but any of our users who were using a Lenovo Thinkpad had issues. We later determined that the Lenovo RapidBoot and Lenovo RapidBoot Accelerator applications would cause issues with the installation configuration for the AnyConnect Client.

Not sure it's going to help, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Executed in DOS no different.
it does say This program might not have installed correctly so I try a few things to no avail (this did happen before but forgot to mention it).

This Ideapad doesn't use RapidBoot although it is very fast.

just seen something else:

Installing configuaration files: cannot open conf file

Could be a dodgy file.

Man of Honour
OP
It was my colleagues own Ideapad and the writing was very small. There was a choice of two things to download and I chose the wrong one.
When I said it could be a dodgy file I went back to the page.
I thought the top choice included Sophos Endpoint which had caused many staff problems.

Back
Top Bottom