Help locating correct transformer for Ring Pro Doorbell

Associate
Hi there

I have a Ring Pro Hardwired doorbell, and am having a devil of a job sourcing an appropriate transformer for it.

It needs 16-24V, 20VA to work properly.

Please can anyone point me to where I can get a DIN rail transformer that I can use for the install, as I'm going around in circles, and Ring themselves have none in stock anywhere in the world.

I don't want to use the adapter in the box (which delivers 24V / 500mA DC), as I don't want wires trailing unnecessarily.

(oh and to note, I tried installing a 24v / 500mA DC transformer as part of the hard wire install. Things worked perfectly for a few hours, and then the doorbell malfunctioned. As part of troubleshooting with Ring, they are shipping a new product but told me that the only set up they support is using an AC transformer, and a power pro pack, and that the DC install that I have tried may damage the unit (though I cannot understand why, and they could not tell me)....

Thank you!

****UPDATE****
Having checked the transformer that Ring themselves ship, it's a DC transformer! DIN Rail Transformer for Wired Video Doorbells – Ring
So I think I am correct in thinking that the 2 people at Ring that I was speaking to actually have no idea what they are actually talking about, and the set up that I have implemented should work fine....

Any thoughts gratefully received....

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The 3 pin adapter/transformer supplied is 24v / 500mA DC. Which is why i am so confused. They are adamant I need a 16 volts AC at ~20 volt-amps transformer.
I installed a transformer by my consumer unit that is 24v / 500mA DC, but Ring are saying this isn't correct and i need an AC transformer plus the separate power pack which i think converts from AC to DC). But they can't tell me why and I am losing faith that they have any idea what they are talking about!

Back
Top Bottom