Help me choose a car for work please.

Soldato
Sounds like it needs a good service.

Yup, I've only done 7k but it's due a service next month :) - can't believe I've had it nearly a year already!

It went down a bit anyway cause of the induction kit and remap (mainly cause i tend to hoon it a bit more now).

Caporegime
What's a Fiesta Zetec got to do with all those others? Unless you meant ST?

I can't imagine that an 02 Fiesta Zetec would be anywhere near £3500, even for a good example. I paid £5k for a one year old Zetec (5dr, AC, 1.4 petrol) in 2004 and if I had sold it now for £3.5k, I'd be delighted! Unless you meant ST? Zetec is just a trim level really, a few more toys, alloys, and 'sportier' suspension compared to the LX models. Pretty good cars by the way, in terms of A-B reliability.

Interior is a bit Fisher Price but they feel solid enough and ours never let us down while we had it.

I'd get another Golf MkIV by the way - an S/SE one with a small petrol engine. Though I'm slightly confused as to how much importance you're placing with performance.

Soldato
Entirely possible, I average 17-19 mpg in my V40 through town on way to work, which is lights every 500m/yards for 3 miles, on a cold engine ( oil is still cold when I arrive)... While on the motorway I can easily manage 35-36 mpg... Start/stop traffic really drinks a lot of fuel.

Anyways, all cars OP named aren't really cars I'd pick but if I'd have to, I'd pick the one with the most options...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom