help me cool my 805D with water

Soldato
well ive never watercooled before but am intrested in trying it

mainly to get this 805d cooled down a bit, at 3.8 ghz it hits 85 degrees when both cores are fully loaded :O

This is under the stock intel cooler mind

i can most likely fit a 120x2 radiator in roof wich i hope will be upto the job,

as for a pump and waterblock i have no ideas whats going to have a good price:performance ratio

im intrested in adding a vga block for a 6800gs too ,will this be too much ?

can you still get pumps that run of mains ? or do i need a top psu too :(

any help will be great

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
cheapest one available that supported it funnily enough :p

asus p5p800 se , i was too poor to go ddr2/pci-e , ow i kinda wish i just waited a week or 2 so i could have gone that way.

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2006/05/10/dual_41_ghz_cores_uk/index.html is some good info about the 805s

seen allot of people with them 4ghz+ on various forums :O - including here somewhere in the 79 quid cpu thread

due to the temperatures im having to run mine at 3.6 1 just because i dont trust running it constantly at 82 degrees :( (when i reach in and touch the heatsink it is extremely hot)

Soldato
have you guys seen how much power those things suck up with that sort of overclock? 416 or something watts!!! :O

anyways with the watercooling, the 120.2 should be fine if you get a good one like a thermochill PA120.2, or you may want to put a 120.3 in if you are going to cool an sli setup, if only 1 graphics card the 120.2 should do.

pump, how about a liang DCC ultra with plexi top - comes to about £85 but is considered one of the best.
you can get AC pumps that run off the mains if you want, but if you want it all inside your pc with minimum cables then go for a DC pump.

daven

Back
Top Bottom