Help me deccide please.

Soldato
OP
u got any pics with the door off mate, im using a tagen PSU and hiding the main mobo plug line is a major pain in arse.

yours look svery tidy. would be good to see where you have stashed your cables

Soldato
mekrel0156bx.jpg

It is Mekrel's rig. http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17505428

I helped build it, the best place to put cabels is under the hard drive cage, in the open bit, also between the motherboard plate and the rear panel, in the CD rom bay, and to the side of it.

Also these pictures were taken during the build, with about 5 minutes cable tidying to stop people having a go for it being messy :p

Soldato
OP
seems like the mobo power plugs on that motherboard are very well laid out. mine are inbetween the PCU and the rear 120mm fan. so i have a bloody big lead and plug in the middle of the air flow,

rebuild time coming on i feel. i will not be beeten :p

oh yewen, with regards to the HDD LED problem. heres the manual for my mobo. can you see where the heck the 3 pin Lian-li plug can go anywhere else then on the 2 pin mobo connector. or is the trick with thte plug the only way

http://www.asrock.com/Drivers/Manual/939Dual-SATA2.pdf

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
well iv finished, rebuild number 2 and its a lot better.

totally gutted the thing and started from scratch, managed to do a pretty good job bar the odd wire.

swapped the front standard fan for a vantec stealth one and put the rear standard one on 7v instead of 12v also put the zalman cooler on my 6800GT on 7v too. its pretty quiet now, prob about the same maybe a bit quieter then the P160 :)

Temp wise its now running the same as the 160 too, the cable tidy exorcise knocked around 5-7 degrees off so well worth it.

things didnt go totally without hitch though. all the faffing with the sata cables led to one of the platic mobo sata guides to snap, still works though. oh and i managed to get my finger stuck in the fan :eek: one of the blades flew off nearly taking my finger with it :(

oh well, its all good now, and the design is even growing on me, the hard drive bay is still the week spot, they are defo a lot louder then in the 160, going to put some rubber mounts in when i can be bothered. wont be for a while though as the missus is getting sick of me sat in the computer room messing about for hours on end.

and haribo, cheers for the tip, pulled out the wire from the 3 pin and moved it over one. worked a treat, all LEDs working now ;)

Soldato
Glad the build went, relatively well!

Ouch on the fan and sata, sounds like you need to slow down and ignore what the other half is moaning about, ;).

Associate
Glad you got the led sorted and the tidy up has worked well.

Suspending the hard drives with shock cord should be your next go, maybe poping them up in the spare 5.25 bays to help with cable tidying

See my post HERE

Back
Top Bottom