Help me find 50 strikers in the world better than Beattie :D

Man of Honour
Originally posted by silverpaw
Shearer's not eligble for selection ;)

Yes he is, he chooses not to be.

Who's better than Beattie at the moment? Owen? a player only capable of one goal, over and over again. Or Smith, statistically the dirtiest player in the Premiership?

The key words there are 'at the moment'

Like I said, Beattie's in the best run of form at the min. Go back a couple of years and see how many people were shouting for 'Super Kevin Phillips' to be in the squad. Beattie's just another one season wonder. Much like Stewart was for Ipswich.

/me struggles not to bite as a fan of a team that plays Shearer and Bellamy has the cheek to call someone else dirty.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Gilly
No I didn't? :confused:

do you not thing woodgate is a dirty player ?

although certainly not as bad on the field as shearer and Bellamy his off the field antics to me make him an exceptionally dirty player. However that I suppose is personal opinion.

Man of Honour
Defoe has great potential imo, I think he should take Owen's place in future, Rooney has great potential too but how many has he scored this season?

If we're looking at youngsters theres plenty about. Defoe, Rooney, Cole (Carlton), Johnson (Simon), and theres a couple at Forest iirc

Originally posted by memphisto
do you not thing woodgate is a dirty player ?

although certainly not as bad on the field as shearer and Bellamy his off the field antics to me make him an exceptionally dirty player. However that I suppose is personal opinion.

No, not at all. Not seen him play for the barcodes but he was never dirty for Leeds or England.

How do his off the field antics make him a dirty player?

It may make you think less of him, but we're talking about on the field of play, and we're also talking about strikers...

Man of Honour
If we're looking at youngsters theres plenty about. Defoe, Rooney, Cole (Carlton), Johnson (Simon), and theres a couple at Forest iirc

Vassell as well I would say has great potential but may need to move away form villa to show it.

Man of Honour
Vassell as well I would say has great potential but may need to move away form villa to show it.

He's not a youngster on the same level though. If we're going to that we also have Smith and Dumbo (he's not performed at Arsenal, but given a run of games and told to stay on his feet and I think he would)

Man of Honour

It may make you think less of him, but we're talking about on the field of play, and we're also talking about strikers...

I was only adding weight to your argument about newcastle being a dirty team nothing else mate if you dont think he is dirty fair enough. Wasn't wanting to start an argument.

Man of Honour
I was only adding weight to your argument about newcastle being a dirty team nothing else mate if you dont think he is dirty fair enough. Wasn't wanting to start an argument.

I wasn't arguing :)

You said you thought he was dirty, I said I didn't. Wasn't meant to sound defensive at all. :)

Besides, I mentioned Shearer and Bellamy, the argument doesn't need any more weight ;)

Soldato
Toon are never a dirty team
angry7.gif

We're 5th in the Disciplinary stats, compare that to 18th for dirty, dirty, Leeds :p

Man of Honour
I wasn't arguing :)

You said you thought he was dirty, I said I didn't. Wasn't meant to sound defensive at all. :)

okey dokey

trying to think of some other strikers better than Beattie at the moment

oo

machlas
Sand
crespo
Mpenza
Pinto
mido
totti
klose
Gudjohnsen
hasslebaink

think thats about it I'm spent.

On a side note 3000th Post

w00t w00t w00t :p

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Jazz
Didnt u say u we gonna overtake me, ur still miles behind :p

oh and congrats :D

yeah dont know where the hell you post so many posts though mate :p

I dont think i'll ever catch up to be honest my brain quite simply cannot produce as much spam as yours can :p

Soldato
Maybe he meant on the Premiership table? ;)

OI :mad: naah he definiteyly meant my PC :D Unlike arsenal i wont slip up :p

Anyway, your PC is puny : p

it is compared to urs, but i cant compete with u, i hear the 'speakeasy' is full of posts(spam) by u :p

Soldato
yeah dont know where the hell you post so many posts though mate :p

I dont think i'll ever catch up to be honest my brain quite simply cannot produce as much spam as yours can :p

i dont spam, my posts are usually well thought out and take at least 30 secs :p

I have no idea how i post so much, i really dont =/

Back
Top Bottom