Help me find 50 strikers in the world better than Beattie :D

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Jazz
it is compared to urs, but i cant compete with u, i hear the 'speakeasy' is full of posts(spam) by u :p

No idea what yer talking about.

My God, this must be the thread to have gone off topic the most in two pages EVER!

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Gilly
No idea what yer talking about.

My God, this must be the thread to have gone off topic the most in two pages EVER!

bonus we should all congratulate ourselves :p

getting it back on topic however I have thought of another striker that is easily twice the player Beattie is

Savo Milosevic !!

what an inspired season he had at Villa

one word

L E G E N D.

Associate
not sure why every1 is slagging Beattie off :confused:

ok fair enough hes not reagarded as a "great" player is he , but this season he has done himself and his club proud..
hes scored bags of goals in a team tht doesnt exactly have worlc class players to make the goals for him.
hes no RVN or HENRY but he gives 100% each game and this season has been good for him , the next season it may not go so well and he may have been found out ..

on a serious note ..... James Thomas is better than him :p

Soldato
I'm suprised nobody's mentioned Jason Lee
confoosed.gif

Soldato
Dont forget the super sub Guti and also W.Hams kanoute(sp?)

Lol we are just thinking of every half decent striker and listing him here :D

Oh and Evertons radinski(sp?)

Last edited:
Soldato
id say any striker at all really

some of the names on here are laughable

beattie is a quality striker, not a world beater, but better than being made out

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Jazz
Dont forget the super sub Guti and also W.Hams kanoute(sp?)

Lol we are just thinking of every half decent striker and listing him here :D

Oh and Evertons radinski(sp?)

Radzinski has been excellent this year, wish he'd been fit recently, I think we'd have 6th sewn up if he'd been playing.

Soldato
Originally posted by Davey_Pitch
Radzinski has been excellent this year, wish he'd been fit recently, I think we'd have 6th sewn up if he'd been playing.
I agree, I had him on my fantasy team, which would be much better off if I hadn't acidently got rid of him. :(

I'd even have him at Newcastle, he'd give us a different dimension than the young strikers in the squad.

Soldato
Originally posted by jailbird
It would be bad if Beattie gets el Golden Boot, RvN deserves it so much more. Hopefully his hat-trick vs chalton will have sealed it :D
Er, the top scorer deserves it most. How does RvN, surrounded by international class players, deserve it more than Beattie, surrounded by, frankly poor mid to low end Premiership players? Except for the fact he plays fo Man Utd. :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
The last post is a waste of space.

Beattie has had one good season. One season does not a player make.

I have mentioned Kevin Phillips and Marcus Stewart already in this thread. Where are they now? They both scored more in a single season didn't they?

Permabanned
Originally posted by Gilly
The last post is a waste of space.

Beattie has had one good season. One season does not a player make.

I have mentioned Kevin Phillips and Marcus Stewart already in this thread. Where are they now? They both scored more in a single season didn't they?

just what id expect off a leeds fan, someone who cant open their eyes. as ive said, beattie has been decent for sometime, its just no-one noticed him cos southampton werent doing to good

and as for some of your suggestions?! :o

Man of Honour
Oh dear. Getting personal now is it? Not only having a go at everyone thats posted thoughts in this thread, but having a go at me now too?

I'm as entitled as everyone else to have my own opinion, and my non-bandwagon jumping will continue unabated whatever you say.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Afterlife
how many goals did Beattie get last season? and the season before?

It seems that in 99/00 he got 5

In 2000/1 he had 12 goals in all comps.

I think he had 12 last season too.

Less than Kevin Phillips got in his Beattie year.

Back
Top Bottom