• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help me find a new GPU (2 Slot cooler, upgrading from Vega 56, cooler running card?)

Associate
Hi all,

Since GPU prices are starting to decline, I'm on the lookout for my next card. My requirements are a little different to others.

Games I play are normally Overwatch, Battlefield series and some others, although the others are more just rarely. My specs are: Corsair SF600 Platinum, R5 3600, 16GB Ram. I have a Ultrawide 34" 144hz monitor.

Now I want a card that while performs better, runs somewhat cooler and is under £350. This kind of limits me to the RTX3060 right? How much of a upgrade is it vs. my Vega 56 Nano?

Also, since I deshroud my card I need one with a 2.5 slot cooler so that my setup will work. Is there anything out there right now that I should keep my eye on for prices to drop?

Thanks!

Man of Honour
Dubious if it's worth spending £350 really, don't think things have progressed to the extent you're looking for (big upgrade with less heat/power), maybe with the next gen.

Associate
At the moment there isn't anything new worthwhile to upgrade to for under £350, https://youtu.be/AFnz4D5EtHc
You could trade in your Vega to the 2nd handshop or sell it on an auction site and use that to increase the £350 budget, at least then you would have a card under warranty as well as some better performance

Man of Honour
Do you think a 3070 is a minimum to see some form of worthwhile increase?
It's not just that, it's that you want it to be a decent upgrade and run cooler. The 3060 and Vega 56 have a similar power profile. In a generation or two (assuming similar progress), then maybe you could get a decent upgrade in a sub 100-130 watt card, but not yet.

Back
Top Bottom