Help me refill my SG01

Soldato
Looking to do a quick upgrade, currently running a q6600, with 4 gig of ram.

Been looking at the i5's or i7's but unsure which motherboards are currently the favourites and which processors are best bang for buck.

So i need a mobo (matx) cpu (i5/i7) and 6 gig of ram. Will be using my Graphics card i have for now (4890) and i have a seperate sound card (so no need to worry about on board)

Budget is anything from 350 to 600 bit more if there is a good gain in performance.

Thanks in advance

Lego

Associate
The Asus micro atx motherboards for p55/x58 Asus Maximus III Gene and Asus Rampage II Gene are pretty good because they have the supremefx X-Fi onboard audio chip which would be handy if you ever decided to add a second 4890 card.

I have the x58/i7 Asus Rampage II Gene which is very stable for overclocking or undervolting very little v droop. If you are looking to save a bit of money then there are other x58 boards like the MSI X58M which is said to overclock quite well and punch above its weight. I dont know much about the p55/i5 options but they will have a performance disadvantage although it might not be noticable in the average game.

The 920 or 930 processors are the best bang for the buck for x58/i7 and can be overclocked to the performance of the more expencive ones. any cas8 1600mhz or cas7 1333mhz tripple channel memory would have decent performance. anything above that is a waist really.

Permabanned
Back
Top Bottom