Help. My head is going to Explode!

Soldato
Hi,
Really in some desperate need for help.

I have been looking at buying a IMAC G5 and I quiet fancy buying a 20" 2.1 G5 one with the inbuilt Camera. I can get VAT off and can get the said G5 for £850. The other option is I pay more and go for a 20" 2 Gig Core Duo for a bit more on top. But wait I have another option someone on the MM offered me a single 1.8 G5 Powermac with a gig of ram and 9600 for £500+Delivery. This seems tempting but by the time I have put on a decent 20" monitor I'm at the 2.1 G5 IMAC price with a warranty, looks better, probably hold its value more, neater , quieter .......

Whats the best option out of the above that will give me the power to run Tiger, Still have the power for future apps but still hold its value if in a few months if I cant get on with it and need to sell? Also needs to be pretty quiet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'm posing on an 20" iMac G5 w/ iSight.. its super quiet, my girlfriend is asleep behind me :D

I'd say the laptop would hold more money, but if you are looking for a good all rounder then the iMac delivers.. also, it supports all the pro-applications natively, which is a bonus for the "here and now" crowd.

My iMac.. http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3683/dsc055857ag.jpg

Back
Top Bottom