(Help needed) New motherboard and Cpu freeze while booting windows.

Nvy

Nvy

Associate
Hello guys, I've recently bought a new Aourus Master z390 and a I9 9900k cpu. And for some reason the pc freezes when I try to boot the OS and this happens right after the debug led code goes from A3(activated all currently connected IDE devices) to A0(IDE initialization is started).
I tried removing my old SSD wich had the old OS and cleared the cmos but still nothing changed. The speakers are installed and I only get the one beep before bios and run the BIOS without any issues.

Last edited:
Associate
The same thing happens when I try to boot the windows from my old ssd
Don't try to boot from the old Windows installation from previous PC as this can sometimes cause issues.

If using a different SATA port and/or SATA cable doesn't make any difference, try making the Windows boot disk again with a different USB stick.

Nvy

Nvy

Associate
OP
Don't try to boot from the old Windows installation from previous PC as this can sometimes cause issues.

If using a different SATA port and/or SATA cable doesn't make any difference, try making the Windows boot disk again with a different USB stick.
Will do, just bought a new usb.

Will do, just bought a new usb.
I removed the ssd, installed windows on a new usb. Still the same issue.

I've managed to solve the problem, all I had to do is set the ram on the lowest frequency available (800 in my case). Thx for all the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nvy

Nvy

Associate
OP
Ah, so you were trying to overclock? But your CPU should work at more than 800 MHz. What do utilities like Afterburner and CPU-Z say?
No, i had to set the cpu from 1.0 to 800 in order to boot. Now that I've installed all the mobo drivers I've set ir back to 1.0 and it works just fine. I'm talking about Frequency for early power on FCLK.

Back
Top Bottom