Help needed with Ryzen 3700x build

Associate
I managed to finally build my PC yesterday.
I had to make few changes as I wanted delivery of items on 28th Dec and not all items were available.

1. Phantek p400a case
2. Corsair RM650i PSU
3. Did not order Mugen cooler
4. Added one more 500 GB SSD for Linux.
5. iiyama ProLite XUB2792QSU-B1 27" QHD IPS Monitor

Thanks to all for suggestions and inputs.

How did it go, mate? I've just ordered parts for a very similar system and they'll be arriving in drips and drabs over the next few days. Super excited to build it myself, but nervous at the same time!

Associate
OP
How did it go, mate? I've just ordered parts for a very similar system and they'll be arriving in drips and drabs over the next few days. Super excited to build it myself, but nervous at the same time!

It took me much longer than my previous build(2010). I did spent lot of time watching you tube videos. Did not face any major issues.
List of problems/mistakes which I did given below:
1. Flashing bios on mother board did not work. LED on motherboard will blink for 3 times and then stop. It is supposed to blink for few minutes. It turned out motherboard already had latest BIOS and hence it won't update.
2. Fixed PSU to case and then realised it's much harder to attach connectors. Best to attach all required connectors first.
3. Watched you tube video to figure out how to install M2 card. Need to apply little bit of pressure.
4. Finished build at 2 am, switched on system and all fans on case, CPU and graphics card started. However monitor was not getting any signal. Went to sleep. Tried swtching on again in the morning and it worked.

Hope this helps. All the best.

Associate
2. Fixed PSU to case and then realised it's much harder to attach connectors. Best to attach all required connectors first.

Yeah, I had the same problem with mine - no room at all to get my hands in once PSU fitted. Not a big issue, but a lesson learnt for sure! :)

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I would suggest maybe an additional nvme drive or HDD for storage.

1TB will likely get filled up quite quickly

Associate
It took me much longer than my previous build(2010). I did spent lot of time watching you tube videos. Did not face any major issues.
List of problems/mistakes which I did given below:
1. Flashing bios on mother board did not work. LED on motherboard will blink for 3 times and then stop. It is supposed to blink for few minutes. It turned out motherboard already had latest BIOS and hence it won't update.
3. Watched you tube video to figure out how to install M2 card. Need to apply little bit of pressure.
4. Finished build at 2 am, switched on system and all fans on case, CPU and graphics card started. However monitor was not getting any signal. Went to sleep. Tried swtching on again in the morning and it worked.

Hope this helps. All the best.

I’ve been watching loads of YouTube stuff as well and am sure I’ll rewatch stuff back 5 times before doing it myself.

I checked before I bought the motherboard and it is already listed as being updated for Ryzen 3xxx luckily. Good advice re the PSU though, as everything I’ve watched always fixes it straight away.

Associate
Enjoy reading threads like this. Somebody asks for a spec, gets revisions etc and then actually builds it and reports the issues they encountered and potential advice.

Back
Top Bottom