help... Nokia 6680 on Orange fails to startup

Soldato
My Nokia 6680 on Orange suddenly started displaying this message:

Phone start-up failed. Contact the retailer

I have tried with no SIM card, a different SIM card and a different battery but still get the same message.

The phone has no manufacturers warranty left, I've heard Nokia will flash the firmware to the latest version free of charge; does anyone know where the nearest Nokia service centre is to Stoke on Trent :confused:

The phone was used by my brother who never messed with installing Symbion programs etc. or the files on C: , he just texted & made calls.

Thanks...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Generally, that message means the phone is dead one way or another. If you have Orange care on your contract, that would get you a replacement phone, but if not (and it's out of warranty as you say), you'll either be looking at a chargeable repair via nokia or needing to buy a new phone.

fuz

fuz

Associate
My 6680 from ebay died last week completely after 3 weeks :(

This is the factory settings format process that I tried but mine is beyond repair:

If your phone is seriously crashed and won't boot, you can perform the same hard reset this way:

Make sure your battery is fully charged.

Backup your personal data to your computer or an MMC storage card.

Switch-off your Nokia 6680.

Press and hold 3 keys; Green dial key, * Star key, no. 3 key on keypad and then press the power on/off to switch on the Nokia 6680.

Remember, do not let go the 3 press and hold keys until you see the formatting screen.

After a few minutes when the process is over, your Nokia 6680 will be back to the original delivered system.

Soldato
OP
YAY :D :D

That worked, thanks a lot...

The 6680 has now reverted back to the default Orange, as from new :cool:

I had a similar problem with my Motorola V500, as after trying a dodgy firmware update I borked it, although after finding the emergancy boot loader screen by pressing certain buttons I was able to re-flash a good firmware.

Handy to know these special button codes.

Back
Top Bottom