• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help please.. Bought Nitro Vega 64 no fan cables

Associate
Hi all,

Just received my Nitro+ Vega 64 GPU (order from Overclockers) and there are no fan cables included even though the instruction shows it needs to be connected. The problem is that is it requires 4 pins female to female cable, which I cannot find anywhere that sells this.

My questions are:

i. Should the GPU comes with fan cables? There is nothing apart from a few leaflets of instruction and the GPU support bracket in the box. Seems quite stingy consider this is a premium product.
ii. If not, where can I buy them? Already looked on Amazon, eBay and a Google search.
iii. If I can't buy them, I was thinking of getting some 4 pins extension cables and snip off the male connector (you know what I mean :) ). Then replace the end with a female connector, my question is, is it direct wire connection from the other end, i.e. pin 1 to pin 1, 2 to 2, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies all.
It's not for the graphics card but rather two other PWN fans.

It's a none issue for the GPU.
Surely if the instruction is showing to connect the 4 pins connectors on the GPU card, then they should supply it as well?!? Especially they are almost impossible to get hold off.

Note: The box comes sealed, so I don't think this is a return, I guess that's everything that comes with it.

Inside the box:
* GPU
* GPU support bracket with a couple of screws.
* A few leaflets of instructions, no manual or CD

Associate
OP
You don't need to connect these, it's only if you want the card to control case intake fans.

Ah, thanks. Wasn't clear in the instruction, doesn't mention been optional.

But if I do want to connect these, I would still like to ask the question of:

iii. If I can't buy them, I was thinking of getting some 4 pins extension cables and snip off the male connector (you know what I mean :) ). Then replace the end with a female connector, my question is, is it direct wire connection from the other end, i.e. pin 1 to pin 1, 2 to 2, etc.

Ignore the above question, I think I get it now. I need to connect the fans directly to the GPU card, so the GPU can control those fans instead. Doh!

Thanks again.

Caporegime
Ah, thanks. Wasn't clear in the instruction, doesn't mention been optional.

But if I do want to connect these, I would still like to ask the question of:

Thanks again.

Basically all you have to do is take your case intake fans and plug them into the headers on the card. Its just a feature that lets the card control airflow from the case fans instead of the motherboard. It's just an option and probably doesn't make much difference overall.

Associate
OP
Basically all you have to do is take your case intake fans and plug them into the headers on the card. Its just a feature that lets the card control airflow from the case fans instead of the motherboard. It's just an option and probably doesn't make much difference overall.
Many thanks for that. Yes, I think I have sussed it out. Cheers.

Case closed :)

Associate
Hi all,

Just received my Nitro+ Vega 64 GPU (order from Overclockers) and there are no fan cables included even though the instruction shows it needs to be connected. The problem is that is it requires 4 pins female to female cable, which I cannot find anywhere that sells this.

My questions are:

i. Should the GPU comes with fan cables? There is nothing apart from a few leaflets of instruction and the GPU support bracket in the box. Seems quite stingy consider this is a premium product.
ii. If not, where can I buy them? Already looked on Amazon, eBay and a Google search.

Thanks in advance.

I got my Nitro+ Vega 64 GPU on Saturday and had the exact same questions as you. Ran out to the local pc hardware shop to get female to female cables to be told that this was a strange request. IMHO the instructions that come with the Nitro+ Vega 64 are very misleading as regards these fans - at no point do they mention that these two cables would only be required if you wished to connect non-gpu fans.

Permabanned
I got my Nitro+ Vega 64 GPU on Saturday and had the exact same questions as you. Ran out to the local pc hardware shop to get female to female cables to be told that this was a strange request. IMHO the instructions that come with the Nitro+ Vega 64 are very misleading as regards these fans - at no point do they mention that these two cables would only be required if you wished to connect non-gpu fans.

I shouldn't worry about it too much, When I had my Liquid cooled Powercolor Vega 64 delivered the only thing in the box was a leaflet showing how to set up a regular twin fan air cooled graphics card and that was an £800 gpu.

Back
Top Bottom