1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please... Internet problems (setting up my router)

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by nikebee, 15 Jul 2006.

1. nikebee

Capodecina

'lo all.
    i've got a Linksys ADSL2 Gateway (+ 4-Port Switch) it's the AG241 model.

although its not working at all properly with the internet. i've had it for about 6 months and every now and then it just wont connect to the net when i power on my machine.

i rebooted the damn thing today and have attempted to set everything up on it again but i can't understand why its not working.

the DSL light comes on fine, but it just wont go on the net, i checked the Gateway status and it says something along the lines of "unable to connect to PPPoA server" :confused:

i've changed my encapsulation to RCF 2364 PPPoA, and entered in my ADSL username and password.
    am i missing something out?

Last edited: 15 Jul 2006
  2. nikebee

Capodecina

anyone?

i can connect fine using an old SpeedTouch 330 modem.
    my router just wont do a thing, it keeps saying "cannot connect to PPPoA" server"

:-/

3. jbloggs

Soldato

nikebee:

I just got a US Robotics Wireles MaxG ADSL2+ Gateway (usr9108) wireless router a few days ago, so it is still all a bit of a mystery to me.

I set mine up without to may problems with a utility called EasyConfigurator that US Robotics provide.

My settings are:

Encapsulation: VCMUX
    Protocol: RFC 2364 WAN-PPPoverATM
    Virtual Circuit: VPI(0) VCI(38)

These seem to be the main ones, certainly what I used to have to set when setting up the drivers of my Zyxel modem.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help. :)

4. nikebee

Capodecina

well i just unplugged everything, and tried plugging the router directly into the wall (without a microfilter) and its working :confused:

perhaps my microfilter is buggered...

either way its a lot cheaper to buy a microfilter than a new router...

odd problem, but it seems to be solved :rolleyes: :cool:

thanks for the help jbloggs :)