• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HELP!!! Problem With Phenom 9850BE

Associate
I have just received my 9850BE this morning...i installed it (without a clean OS install) and have encountered blue screens just after login to the computer.
I login about 5-8 seconds in, it brings the blue screen up... this is the blue screen i receive...

Please Help...is it a faulty CPU or is it just needing a fresh install of Vista
(Spec in sig)

Soldato
the blue screen your getting isn't about the processor. so do a fresh install of Vista then it should be fine.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
just googled the problem after posting here, (i search amdll64.sys as thats what is showing up on the blue screen) and my problem is with a low level driver thats conflicting with the CPU (only happens with the MSI K9A2 Platinum apparently) all you have to do is boot in safe mode and delete the driver amdll64.sys from windows/system32 and it will then work (and then for good measure i went to device manager and uninstalled it there aswell)

I have just booted a couple of times now to test it and it has worked everytime... thanks gareth170 for the reply...sorry to here about your faulty 9850BE:p....just glade that itsn't my CPU

Back
Top Bottom