1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help requested for Microsoft Office problem

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Darkst4r, 15 Jan 2019.

1. Darkst4r

Wise Guy

Hi,

In a nutshell, I have a Microsoft Office document, the front page is a header, footer and a graphic on the side.

I want all subsequent new pages to be blank, however when I hit return at the end of the document, or choose "insert blank page", it repeats a copy of the first letterheaded page instead of a completely blank page.

I had somebody do some finalising on the document to lock the front page elements in place so they couldn't be moved or edited, which may be the problem.

Any ideas what could be done to fix it would be greatly appreciated !

2. bazzabear

Mobster

I think you've probably got a master slide set up with all that stuff in place. Go to view and master slide, and that's where you can edit these things. I think you can create a set of sub-pages to the master (and make one of them blank) and then for each new page you can choose which of the masters to base it on.

3. bazzabear

Mobster

I'm getting my Microsoft suite programs mixed up, and talking about Powerpoint. But I think there's a similar setup in Word.

4. Orifice

Man of Honour

You need to set the document to have a different header/footer for the first page.

[​IMG]

5. Django x2

Capodecina

After page one, insert a page break. Or am I missing something

6. Quartz

Capodecina

Well yes, you're going to get the header and footer repeated. That's what headers & footers are for. If you want a different header & footer then @Orifice has your answer.

7. Django x2

Capodecina

Wtf? Or just use Word properly

8. hughtrimble

Mobster

Or just use the cover page function?

Or why use headers and footers anyway if it's only for one page? Just put the text you want where you want it e.g. using borderless text boxes