Help Stuck between the Note 8 or the Iphone 8 plus?!?!

Associate
Hey guys ive been stuck on this question ever since the iphone 8 released.

Mobile back story i went from Sony ericcson to Blackberry to Iphone 4s to iphone 6 and that's where i am now.

I need this phone to last me atleast 2 years of day to day use. My major worry with the note is i've heard samsung's lag after a year or so. and my major worry with iphone is paying the same amount for a phone with the same design as my 3 year old 6.

Iphone 8 plus
Pros: camera, stereo speakers, smooth ios, Powerhouse chip.
Cons: LCD Screen, big bezels. no headphone jack, paying flagship money for an old design.

Note 8
Pros: Camera, Oled screen, Customisation, overall design. headphone jack
Cons: mono speaker. rumoured lag. maybe overwhelming android ios.

Basically i'm indecisive and these are neck and neck in my head i was wondering if anyone who owned either phone could share why they chose theirs.

Caporegime
Tough decision as you have been down both sides of the aisle. At the very least you won't really be disappointed with either phone as they both offer a great user experience, excellent cameras and will last another 2 years.

As the others say, definitely wait just to see what the Pixel 2 and Mate 10 Pro are like (only a couple of weeks).

What are you going to do with your phone? If you aren't going to customize the phone and just want a phone that takes excellent pictures - the iP8 might be the better choice. However if you want to do more with your phone, Note 8 it is.

As for the major negatives with each phone; the iPhone can be spruced up with a dbrand skin and the Note 8's future lag can be thwarted in various ways (tweaks or ROMs).#

EDIT - sorry misread your phone history. What's making you consider switching to Android? As if you are already invested in that ecosystem, the iP8 is likely better for you.

Associate
OP
Well tbh the fact that the ip8 looks the same made me question what else is out there.
I literally spent 10 minutes in carphonewarehouse playing about with it turns out it was a 7 plus on the 8 stand... .

My friend bought the note 8 yesterday and the screen was something out of this world in comparison.

I will mainly be using this for social media/ Youtube videos/ general day to day texting etc. although i know this doesn't need much power i like to have it there just in case.

If i had never had android or ios then i would probably lean towards the note. but the possible lag worries me as well as i'm used to imessage facetime etc.

basically notes outsides and iphones insides is where i'm at right now.

Soldato
Iphone 8 plus
Pros: camera, stereo speakers, smooth ios, Powerhouse chip.
Cons: LCD Screen, big bezels. no headphone jack, paying flagship money for an old design.

Note 8
Pros: Camera, Oled screen, Customisation, overall design. headphone jack
Cons: mono speaker. rumoured lag. maybe overwhelming android ios.

Basically i'm indecisive and these are neck and neck in my head i was wondering if anyone who owned either phone could share why they chose theirs.
Do you really want a note 8 as you haven't even listed the S pen as one it PRO's....:confused:

Associate
OP
Do you really want a note 8 as you haven't even listed the S pen as one it PRO's....:confused:

Although i would use it you're right its not one of the main pulls for me.
But for me the only other option is the s8+ and i find that display to curved and i do love the notes camera so i'm happy paying more.

Back
Top Bottom