1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Audio

Discussion in 'Motors' started by jackoh, 25 Feb 2006.

1. jackoh

Wise Guy

Hi all,

Looking for a reasonable audio setup for my car, 1999 seicento sporting.

Not really into playing music for the entire street but the stock system is destroying my ears.

All i know is there are 2 10cm speakers in the front, and nothing else.

Its a vague question but i was wondering what kind of setup anyone could suggest for around £200?

thanks in advance!

2. Vanilla

Sgarrista

Is everything standard?

Who will do the fitting?

Keen on sub's amps etc? or just looking for better sound in general?

3. jackoh

Wise Guy

I believe so, theres a pretty shocking sony CD player in there, which i presume to be stock.

I'll fit it, ive got a pretty good knowledge of wiring and the like, not really too clued up on what actually sounds the best in a car though.

As for subs etc, i quite like the idea of having the extra bass but it comes down to what will sound the best at the end of the day, as there arent any rear speakers to replace, i was hoping someone could suggest something other than some 6x9's on the shelf.

Cheers.

4. Vanilla

Sgarrista

Two options

1: New HU (100 quid), front speakers (50 quid) and maybe get a sub / amp when you have more cash.

2: As above but get a set of 6x9's as well.

Budget isn't very high so you're pretty limited.

5. xcessive

Wise Guy

£200 isnt enough for a decent headunit and a set of decent coaxial speakers as well as some sort of active sub IMO.

6. jackoh

Wise Guy

what do you reckon budget wise then lads?

cheers

7. chrislusty

Wise Guy

When i had a cinq, i put new sony coaxial speakers in the front, and sony 6x9s on the shelf, (i know they are not liked) but the base was good from them, the interior mirror used to vibrate with the base.

the HU was awia around £100 and speakers were another £70ish, not alot but made a huge difference to the sound.

8. Vanilla

Sgarrista

What do you mean? What to buy for £200 or what kind of budget you should have?

9. xcessive

Wise Guy

My rear view mirror shakes along with the bassline! love it! But is useless when i want to look behind!

10. scratch

Mobster

I'd imagine that a set of 6x9s would be fine in the rear of such a small car. A sub would probably shake it apart :)

6x9s are £25 upwards. Then a half-decent set of 2-way 10cm speakers in the front will set you back around £50. That leaves you £125 for a headunit and any wiring you may need.

Andy

11. chrislusty

Wise Guy

Yeah great to have, but useless when needed!!! :D