Help with bsod/audio/oc issues

Soldato
Hi all, in need of a little help. Been banging my head against the wall for a week now.

My pc has been perfect since I built it 3ish years ago. Last couple of weeks started to have odd issues with sound i.e. the audio was swap front and back, and if I was gaming and watching something on 2nd monitor, the vid sound would move around when moved char in game??
I had bought a sound blaster z just before all this started, so assumed that was cause, removed it and same probs. Then last week had bsod and took me forever to get it back into Windows. Had to remove xmp and cpu clocks and adjust volts.

Now anything I watch looses audio sync, if only watching something it takes about an hour, but if I game at same time it happens much faster (10mins}. Not been able to put overclocks back on as it just crashes. Prime 95 is fine and Windows men diag also OK.

Just sticking fresh Windows 10 install on a spare ssd to rule the os out, but sure its hardware.

Any ideas?

Oh and noticed the xmp vram volts set to 1.35 but the actual amount was around 1.5

Soldato
There's almost no way this is a hardware issue. You removed the sound card, for a start.

Sounds more like a driver issue - and I presume you installed some drivers for the Sound Blaster, right before these issues started.

Yep, try a fresh Windows install and either only use the SB, or don't use it at all to see what happens.

Soldato
OP
My crystal ball has been BSODing from the start, so what parts you have?

Spec is in sig :)

There's almost no way this is a hardware issue. You removed the sound card, for a start.

Sounds more like a driver issue - and I presume you installed some drivers for the Sound Blaster, right before these issues started.

Yep, try a fresh Windows install and either only use the SB, or don't use it at all to see what happens.

I'd completely remove the SB drivers and software, got the other windows install up now so see what happens...

Soldato
If fresh install has problems we have to start considering hardware problems.

Is PSU good?
Make sure everything is connected firmly and that there's no loose connectors.
Also make sure at least voltage matches that specified for memory.

Soldato
OP
Yeah BIOS is all stock, also tried manually applying stock settings for volts.

The PSU is good as far as I know, its a good one but possibly something breaking on it.
Think i have a spare one somewhere so could give that a go

Back
Top Bottom