Associate
Hi Guys,

I have put in a lot of research on building PC's and what the best components for me would be. What I am not sure about is if all the components I have chosen would work with each other and if they would all fit in the case I have chosen.

Just wondering if anyone that knows about building PC's could look at these links and tell me if they would all work with each other and fit in the case.

Case = Corsair CC-9011078-WW Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition Windowed Full Tower ATX High Airflow Performance Computer Case - Black

Motherboard = Aorus Z390 AORUS ULTRA (Socket 1151/Z390 Express/DDR4/S-ATA 600/ATX)

CPU = Intel Core i9 9900K, S 1151, Coffee Lake Refresh, 8 Core, 16 Thread, 3.6GHz, 5.0GHz Turbo, 16MB, 1200MHz GPU, 95W

RAM = 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, PC4-24000 (3000), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 16-20-20-38, XMP 2.0, 1.35V

M.2 SSD = Samsung MZ-V7E1T0BW 970 EVO 1 TB V-NAND M.2 PCI Express Solid State Drive, Black

GPU = Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XTREME 11G

Power Supply = EVGA 750 GQ, 80+ GOLD 750W, Semi Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, Power Supply 210-GQ-0750-V3

CPU Cooling = Corsair CW-9060033-WW H100i Hydro PRO RGB Liquid CPU Cooler - Black

Thank you for any answers and advice :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Linking to OcUK's competitors breaks forum rules. If you want to link either use OcUK's website or if they don't sell it the manufacturer's website.

Also, list the names of the parts. You're expecting everyone to follow 8 different links to work out what you're intending to buy.

Soldato
your system, @Chronic Trickster

BB CODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,577.06 (includes shipping: £13.20)

9900k is a nice price at £450 mind. PSU is useless so didn't add it to the list.

the very best of your list

Total: £2,917.70 (includes shipping: £15.90)

same outcome, but cheaper !

E
Total: £2,245.58 (includes shipping: £14.70)
also wait till ryzen 3900x in July 7th to see how it performs and the cost.

love of love for GIgabyte on here, making the best z390 boards and their x570 line up is even better. Customer service is second to non with very active forum rep on here

if your gaming at 4k.... then can drop to ryzen 3800x/ i7 9700k ! its all about the GPU .
at 1440p cpu plays more of a part but 9700k is more then enough !

32gb is a bit overkill for pure gaming, unless your doing other tasks ?​

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi welcome :)

As mentioned above you need to edit out those links as it is against forum rules to link/mention competitors.

Can you wait a few weeks for Ryzen 3xxx ? You should get a 3700X/3800X and a nice X570 board with this sort of budget.

Associate
OP
Sorry guys didn't know the links were not allowed, I have taken them out now and just put in the name of the component. I'm honestly not a big fan of Ryzen as I have never used anything other than Intel so I would prefer to stick with it if possible. I will not be gaming at 4k just at 1440p using an Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz 27 Inch WQHD Gaming Monitor, (IPS Panel, G-Sync, 165 Hz (OC), 4 ms, ZeroFrame, DP, HDMI, USB Hub, Height Adjustable Stand) Black/Red. Thinking by getting some good components I will be able to future proof it a bit to last me a few years. Would the components I selected actually work together? Thank you guys for the replies.

Soldato
@Chronic Trickster

Cheaper 9700k I posted or ryzen 3900x 12 core In July .

Could save cash on rtx 2080 instead, will do just as fine to be honest and save some pennies as GPUs usually outdate or are replaced far far quicker !

Believe rtx 2*** refresh is inbound in July too ! Either way, your covered , but would honestly hold out till the 7th if you can .. also adds another pay cheque ;)

Associate
OP
@orbitalwalsh Thank you for all your input mate. Money is not really an issue as I have saved enough to treat myself :) The RTX refresh is only a rumour at this point, there is no official release date so I would prefer not to wait, need to play all these new games that are out haha. I am just looking to see if all the components I have selected would work well together and if they would fit in the case I chose as I don't want to buy it all and then find out it doesn't even work.

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh Thank you for all your input mate. Money is not really an issue as I have saved enough to treat myself :) The RTX refresh is only a rumour at this point, there is no official release date so I would prefer not to wait, need to play all these new games that are out haha. I am just looking to see if all the components I have selected would work well together and if they would fit in the case I chose as I don't want to buy it all and then find out it doesn't even work.

Your original list, change the Case as it's old ! Corsair 500D replaces it. Even Phanteks P600s is an almost like for like replacement .
Also switch to Corsair PSU unit on sale here or Seasonic Focus unit.
For 9900k, you'll need a triple fan AIO ! Does run hot at 5ghz all cores !

If you grab intel now or ryzen in July, either will smash the 1440p 164hz screen . If you can push 2080ti then do so !

seems with the cost of ryzen 3000 + more expensive x570 will equal 9700k plus solid z390 board . have a feeling intel will still edge gaming with its Speed

Last edited:
Associate
OP
@orbitalwalsh Thank you very much, exactly the information I was after. So getting these 2 components instead would be better then?
Corsair CW-9060031-WW Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Liquid CPU Cooler - Black (3 fan CPU cooler) and
Corsair RM850x 80 PLUS Gold, 850 Watts, Fully Modular ATX Power Supply Unit - Black - Power supply.

Also 1 more thing, I'm not sure what you mean about my case, I just thought they hold your components, I didn't think they could be replaced haha.

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh Thank you very much, exactly the information I was after. So getting these 2 components instead would be better then?
Corsair CW-9060031-WW Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Liquid CPU Cooler - Black (3 fan CPU cooler) and
Corsair RM850x 80 PLUS Gold, 850 Watts, Fully Modular ATX Power Supply Unit - Black - Power supply.

Also 1 more thing, I'm not sure what you mean about my case, I just thought they hold your components, I didn't think they could be replaced haha.

i meant the corsair 750d is an old design now from corsair. glass has become standard as well as PSU shroud covers, USB C ports etc . some even have wireless charging haha . its an expensive case for an old design .

yes. although you could lesson PSU to 750w to save cash if needs be - though high wattage would leave your rig running at a lower usage

Soldato
Associate
OP
@orbitalwalsh Ahhh right haha I will have a look around for newer cases then that are very roomy. I would prefer the 850w just to be on the safe side haha. @Plec I like the fact it is HUGE as I don't want to run out of room and it needs to fit a 3 fan CPU cooler inside. I don't want it to be dated though so going to look for some other ones now.

Associate
OP
@Plec @orbitalwalsh Thank you for both your input, I have decided to go with the PHANTEKS Eclipse P600S Silent Case with White Window as you are correct it looks good and is modern :) So the Only last thing is that with all of these components now will they all fit into this case and work together, bare in mind that I have selected a CPU cooler with a 360mm radiator?

Soldato
@Plec @orbitalwalsh Thank you for both your input, I have decided to go with the PHANTEKS Eclipse P600S Silent Case with White Window as you are correct it looks good and is modern :) So the Only last thing is that with all of these components now will they all fit into this case and work together, bare in mind that I have selected a CPU cooler with a 360mm radiator?

all work fine

head ups

eisbear on sale

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alph...u-aio-water-cooling-unit-360mm-hs-006-ac.html

pump and rad are better- you should and WOULD run the pump at 100% with this unit. but no fancy monitoring like corsair unit nor the RMA excellence as corsair

Put the rad in the top and remove the top cover.

if you want more airflow in at the top- remove the front panel cover

If your able to, Push the Aorus Pro over the Gaming X for audio - theres also a wifi version if needed . again i linked the most expensive and least for you

and the Xtreme Aorus does looks nice - actaully runs a little hotter then Gigabte standard Gaming oc but looks soooooo pretty !

uZSKFC3.jpg

Associate
OP
That video on the case is the one I watched it looked good that's what made me decide to get it haha. What's the difference between the Eisbear and the Corsair CW-9060031-WW Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Liquid CPU Cooler? they both look pretty much the same to me haha Cooling is the thing I know the least about. Also just to clarify I am not bothered about the price of the two, just the one that is better xD.

When you say about "push the Aorus pro" are you talking about motherboards? because as it stands right now I'm looking at getting the Aorus ultra, not gaming x or pro? Do you think they are better than the ultra? and I don't need wifi I use ethernet :)

Soldato
The Elite , pro pro ultra are all the same boards pretty much . Same power delivery design (far ahead of rivals and cheaper at it) .

Pro has better cooling options then elite and looks slightly nicer. Ultra has the better looks by far and cooling on the VRM as well as WiFi as standard .

Price wise, non WiFi Pro saves a nice bit of cash !
Aorus master is in a different league .

With the AIO. Corsair use Aseteks latest generation of pumps but still weaker then alphacools . Also mixes copper and aluminium rad. Alphacool is all copper ! And thicker tubes .
Key difference is Corsair has monitoring and better RMA /customer service . Also easier to mount

Associate
OP
@orbitalwalsh I have just been looking more into them and decided to go with the Aorus Z390 AORUS MASTER instead of the Ultra, its only £20 more :)

With the AIO, would you recommend getting the Eisbear then or stick with my Corsair option? Also with AOI's do you have to do any maintenance on them or is all you have to do is install and forget about them?

On another note, I have heard that the Noctua NH-U12A is actually better than the 3 fan AIO's so maybe get that instead?

Edit: After doing more research on the Noctua, i think i will go with this instead of an AIO, easier to install, quiet and not much chance of it breaking :)

Last edited:
Soldato
On another note, I have heard that the Noctua NH-U12A is actually better than the 3 fan AIO's so maybe get that instead?

Edit: After doing more research on the Noctua, i think i will go with this instead of an AIO, easier to install, quiet and not much chance of it breaking :)
The above is blasphemy to @orbitalwalsh :D - but i'm a big exponent of quality air - less points of failure, similar cooling results and can be quieter (depending on placement/curve/pump) - but certainly same relative silence.

Another to consider - would contrast nicely with a white case:

Back
Top Bottom