Help with GPU sizes

Associate
Hey all,

I was just wondering if I could get an RTX 2060 instead of the GTX 1660 SUPER I was going to get, I already have the whole setup so I was wondering if the RTX 2060 would fit the same motherboard and be the same size so I don't have to swap out parts.

Thanks.

Soldato
But would this fit in the same motherboard slot as a 1660 super?

Slot fitment isn't an issue: they all use the same PCIe x16 slot. However you need to check the physical size of the card and any additional PSU cables. The former is only an issue if you had a mini card specced and were using a mini case. If you have an ATX or micro-ATX case then there's not an issue. You need to check that your PSU has an 8 pin PCIe cable available to power the card. This is generally not an issue but needs to be checked as the 1660 cards usually use an 8 pin.

BTW you should check the RTX 2060 Super and RX 5700 XT cards these days.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £900.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Associate
OP
Slot fitment isn't an issue: they all use the same PCIe x16 slot. However you need to check the physical size of the card and any additional PSU cables. The former is only an issue if you had a mini card specced and were using a mini case. If you have an ATX or micro-ATX case then there's not an issue. You need to check that your PSU has an 8 pin PCIe cable available to power the card. This is generally not an issue but needs to be checked as the 1660 cards usually use an 8 pin.

Total: £900.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)
Ah thanks, I'll check that out

Associate
OP

Total: £900.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)
I have a 630W Smart SE (by ThermalTake) would this be okay? I've tried looking around but can't really find an answer

Back
Top Bottom