1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with iPod video and iTunes please.

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by Siders77, 19 Feb 2006.

1. Siders77

Hitman

Hey guys. I'm in a bit of a pickle here.

I'm trying to get some videos onto my 30GB iPod video.

At the moment I have 6 on there but iTunes won't let me add anymore into my video library on there. :confused: It was working a few days ago when I got it but then it just randomly stopped working for no reason what so ever. :(

I've been doing it exactly the same way that I was doing it before and it's still not working.

Anything you can suggest?

Cheers for any help. :)

2. Al Vallario

Mobster

How is it not letting you add videos? Does it come up with an error message or anything?

Have you tried simply adding the files to your library (File -> Add file to library, or Ctrl+O), then dragging the videos across to your iPod in the left-hand sidebar? Providing the videos are in the correct format, you should have no problems transferring them via that method :)

3. Siders77

Hitman

They just don't show up in iTunes.

Sometimes when I pulg the iPod in I get a message saying:

"The iPod "Lees iPod" cannot be updated. The disk could not be read from or written to."
    Yet when I add more music to my iTunes library and plug my iPod in it updates just fine? :confused:

Do I have a ****** iPod? :(

4. Al Vallario

Mobster

You might want to take a look at this support article related to the "disk could not be read from or written to" error message :)

5. Siders77

Hitman

Cheers for that. I'll try what it says now. :)

I've updated the iPod too, from version 1.0 to 1.1. Now I can actually get photos on there which is promising. :D

Still having the video problem though. :(

6. Siders77

Hitman

Bit of a bump here.

Still can't get the videos to work. Is there any other software that I can use to put the videos on?

That's probably my last resort now, I think. :(

7. FordPrefect

Mobster

I got a new 30GB ipod video as a thank you off my employer and sold my old ipod. TBH I have had this problem a few times now, and others. Totally sick of this ipod and am considering swapping it for something else now. I have heard of a few others with problems with the latest ipods as well.

8. Siders77

Hitman

It's all sorted now. For some reason iTunes didn't want to take the 2 videos I was trying to put on it. :confused:

Topic can be closed now please. :)

9. BoomAM

Capodecina

Who do you work for? Sounds good if they give you pressies. :p

I recommend ignoring iTunes for the video aspect, use Videora to convert, then put them into iTunes.

10. Scythe

Soldato

Thats what I do.