Help with new Asus A8N Premium SLI!

Associate
Hey guys,

I now have everything needed to start building the new rig (in sig), took the Asus out of the box last night and :eek: the manual is like a novel! :D There are so many settings and it looks like things have changed quite drastically since the days of NF2 and when my old Abit NF7 was top of the range :(

I'm going to be doing a fresh install and totally wipe the C: are there any newer drivers that I should download first before formatting? In what order is it best to install everything? Directx, graphics drivers, mobo drivers etc...

Thanks for any help, i'm gonna need it i think!

Dave

Associate
Use the latest nvidia chipset drivers first, this should want to install the AC '97 codec, don't let it and download the new one from Asus. Gives you some extra settings. DirectX will be installed normally when you install a game.

I used the omega foreware drivers on my 7800GTX and they work superbly. Have a look at what bios your using. I'm running 1009 and it is rock stable. This bios version is also supposed to be good at overclocking.

It's a real doddle to put together. I had mine setup and windows on in a hour.

Associate
OP
that was another question i had :) the bios version. Thanks for the info.

I posted in Sound City whether it would be worth my keeping my SB Audigy 2 sound card in there or using the onboard sound, what do you think?

Associate
OP
ok, got everything installed now and all is well. Haven't attempted any overclocking just yet, will save that for tomorrow :)

Dave (so far, a happy Asus owner :) )

Back
Top Bottom