Help with new Monitor: Is it faulty ?

Associate
Hey guys wondering if anyone can identify the issue I'm having ?

Recently bought a AOC AG271QX from you lovely folks but I've been having this issue almost immediately. The screen will freeze and fade to white with inverted vertical stripes sorta tearing through, before jumping back to normal. The frequency of this happening seems to increase at higher Hertz but I cannot accurately confirm that.

My previous monitor was 4K but 60Hz, but I'm still getting the issue at 60Hz on this monitor. I have a Nvidia GTX 1070 and an I5 processor if that info helps

So far I have:
> updated all my drivers
> connected a second monitor (no problems on second monitor)
> used a different dp cable from my usual
> used two different hdmi cables
> moved the monitor away from other cables

Alas nothing has worked, and most google searches on the problem are people having laptop issues and/or resolved via the above methods

Any help would be appreciated, as I don't want to return this monitor only for the Overclocker guys to find an easy fix and send it back.

Soldato
The screen will freeze and fade to white with inverted vertical stripes sorta tearing through, before jumping back to normal. The frequency of this happening seems to increase at higher Hertz but I cannot accurately confirm that.

Put the old monitor back on and see if the problem persists. And try a different displayport output.

Associate
OP
No such luck. My memory is in fact Micron, but the BIOS update hasn't fixed the issue (currently on BIOS version 86.04.50.00.4B, Is this the correct one ? or most up to date version ?). I also updated the drivers for Displayports but alas It has also not fixed the problem.

The old monitor works fine with both Displayport and HDMI, and I have tried two cables of each on both monitors. This is after my BIOS and DP updates

Below are a couple of screenshots to show whats basically happening, screen fades to white for a couple of seconds before jumping back to normal

8mRwkN7
6XXVtmm
7SrBLzZ

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It seems to increase in frequency the longer I've had the computer running for, but I can't for the life of me think of any correlation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom